Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creda Slimline Storage Heater problem

• 16-11-2008 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I just moved into a flat and the storage heater is wrecking my head. The power switches on at the wall then there are just two knobs on the heater itself, input and output. Neither of these seems to actually do anything really and if I leave the switch on eventually the heat comes on either at 11pm at night or in the morning. Its a creda slimline heater. Does anyone have any advice or should I just pick up the nearest baseball bat and beat the crap out of it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Does anyone have any advice
    They are designed only to switch on at off peak times, i.e. when the electricity is at a much cheaper rate. This starts at 11pm and stops at about 7am (I think it is 7am, I am open to correction)

It would be simple for an electrician to allow them to turn on at other times, but your bill will go up!

The idea is that the blocks inside heat up all night on the cheap rate and give out the heat all day. This never works very well!
    should I just pick up the nearest baseball bat and beat the crap out of it?
    This has been a very popular choice over the years:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

so I cant control that the heat will come on after 6?

*reaches for bat*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

so I cant control that the heat will come on after 6?

With your current arrangement, you can not switch the electricity on to it until after 11pm.

To perhaps improve things slightly, turn the input up to max. This will heat the blocks within the heater to maximum. Warning: It may also make your home too hot at night and your running cost may go up!

Turn output down to minimum in the morning. This should help the blocks to retain heat while you are at work.

When you get home turn the output to max and this should let the retained heat out at maximum level.

I hope this helps!

*passes bat*

Advertisement