Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITEC??

Options
  • 16-11-2008 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Im lookin into doin a gym instructor then personal training course with ITEC in waterford starting january, it goes on for 13 months one night a week and is 3k, does any1 no how good bad or indifferent this course is, and how recgonised is the qualification at the end?? or recomend a better one.. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

NirSeilo wrote: »
    Im lookin into doin a gym instructor then personal training course with ITEC in waterford starting january, it goes on for 13 months one night a week and is 3k, does any1 no how good bad or indifferent this course is, and how recgonised is the qualification at the end?? or recomend a better one.. Thanks

There are two entities called ITEC that provide courses in fitness instruction.
    One is a non accredited course provider and one is accredited in the UK.

Do you know what it stands for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 NirSeilo

i emailed them enquiring about it, they gave me a number and refered me to www.intl-training.com, im confused:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

NirSeilo wrote: »
    i emailed them enquiring about it, they gave me a nubber and refered me to www.intl-training.com, im confused:confused:

I did a research dissertation into the fitness industry in Ireland which had a focus on course providers and accreditation. I never heard of this lot.
    I'd stay clear to be honest. It looks like one of the many incarnations of the dodgy ITEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Do the ncef or the ncehs, both accepted anywhere and good starting points.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

cowzerp wrote: »
    Do the ncef or the ncehs, both accepted anywhere and good starting points.
    As stated here, these are both a good starting point on the instruction path. If you were looking into ITEC though, the official (accredited body) website is here: ITEC

• Advertisement
Advertisement