Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I phone NO PICTURES.

• 16-11-2008 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

I bought an I phone off e bay which was jailbroke ( which means is can take any sim 086/087/088 etc ..) it works the finest but i can`t recieve picture messages and also i can`t log ont the web .? can anybody help ?
    should their be a setting i can turn on.

thanks ..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

Did you contact your phone company and get the MMS/ GPRS settings sent down to your phone ? (to tell your phone where to look for the messages, and how to connect to the net ?)

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭DJKAV

no i didn`t but i was not to pushed to go into vodafone and tell them that i bought a phone on ebay half the price when they are selling them ?

can i just walk in and say i`m 086 or 087 and get them to fix the settings .?

someone will post a link to the setting that you can program in yourself... or yeah go into a shop and ask for the settings yourself...

If i bought a phone for half the price that they were selling it for id be right on the phone !
    do vodafone sell the i-phone ? i thought it was only o2 in ireland.

id be way too lazy to get out of the house too :)

They are selling you the service, you can use what ever phone you want.
    (i got my new phone from ebay a month after it was released in the US... wasnt even released here ! :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,466 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

DJKAV wrote: »
    no i didn`t but i was not to pushed to go into vodafone and tell them that i bought a phone on ebay half the price when they are selling them ?

can i just walk in and say i`m 086 or 087 and get them to fix the settings .?

o2 are the only ones that have the iphone

vodafone wont be getting the iphone ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

the Iphone 3g(not sure about the 2g) cannot send or receive pics but you should get a link by sms to the pic.

As the phone was jailbreak you can download an app from Cydia so send and receive MMS but you will need the settings for your provider, on the website of the app they have forum with some settings.

I think there's a sticky with MMS and settings for to be able to browse the web on this section. TO lazy to look now.

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,642 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

An iphone cant send or receive picture messages. There is a third party app that does it but its crap. You also cant have delivery reports like other phones have either.

Who is your service provider? If its o2 i can tell you the settings to be connected to the net. (I also have an unlocked iphone) :)

nava wrote: »
    the Iphone 3g(not sure about the 2g) cannot send or receive pics but you should get a link by sms to the pic.

As the phone was jailbreak you can download an app from Cydia so send and receive MMS but you will need the settings for your provider, on the website of the app they have forum with some settings.

I think there's a sticky with MMS and settings for to be able to browse the web on this section. TO lazy to look now.

Regards

heh... i mustarded up that small bit of evergy needed since my last post ;) thanks for point me in the right direction...

OP check out http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=106942
    again i would be ...way... to lazy to put them in manually.

the iphone cant recieve MMS messages .... ..... ................. seriously !
    i remember i had a phone once that couldnt recieve MMS messages. black and white 3 lines by 20 characters i think. they were the days.

Advertisement