Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

part numbers v w

Options
  • 16-11-2008 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

can anyone tell me if audi and vw have same parts (eg drive shafts 03) but slightly different part numbersi got replacement part but am worried it wont fit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

williamsrk wrote: »
    can anyone tell me if audi and vw have same parts (eg drive shafts 03) but slightly different part numbersi got replacement part but am worried it wont fit

Need a bit more detail ....... For what car & what part did you buy ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 williamsrk

homer90 wrote: »
    Need a bit more detail ....... For what car & what part did you buy ?
    vw passat 130 bph 6 speed diesel 03 part no on original is bdo407271at on replacement is 8e0407271el was told 01 to 05 are same for the 6 speed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Register at www.vagcat.com

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Could I also suggest posting a question below....

http://vagdrivers.net/forums/index.php

Im sure you could get a definate answer there

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

williamsrk wrote: »
    vw passat 130 bph 6 speed diesel 03 part no on original is bdo407271at on replacement is 8e0407271el was told 01 to 05 are same for the 6 speed

Both are drive shafts, no question there. But I doubt they are identical although that does not mean they aren't interchangeable. If the part numbers are different then it is highly unlikely that the parts are identical. However, one part number may have been superceded by the other - if you're lucky.

The first part number you quote makes no sense because of the 3 digits I've underlined. The first 2 digits of a VW part number refer to the model type - for a Passat this should be 3B (but not always). The third digit refers to the variant (if applicable) such as estate, RHD/LHD, etc. I'd imagine in your case it's a 0 (zero) rather than a 'o'. The letters 'bd' make no sense - are you sure they don't read 8D - that would make a lot more sense.

To be honest, to ascertain the correct part number, chassis number and engine code would be required.

You'll need to check the two shafts for every dimension and also for weight. Lie the two of them side by side and scrutinise them for any differences.

• Advertisement
Advertisement