Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wrist tattoo

• 16-11-2008 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Tomorrow im going to get a tattoo on my wrist, have 2 on my shoulders one on my foot.
    !st will the wrist be painfully
    2nd any ideas. Cant seem to find any good sites for ideas. Want something smallish.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

flash books in the studio, bmezine.com , usually best to pick out a design and chat with the artist before ya decide on anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

My advice would be wait until you find a symbol you really love or that means something to you rather than going in and picking something off a wall for the sake of getting a tattoo, as its the wrist its a place thats seen by people in the day to day of things, wait until you find the right image/design.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Sorry to Hijack but I've been thinking about getting either my wrist tattoo'd or developing another one I have. Just wondering how you got on getting your wrist done did you go for it or have you decided to wait for the right image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Relative got this done said it was okay. But I'm sure you'll hear this a hundred times in here, how painful it is will depend on your own threshold.

If you are getting one I'd make sure that it's dead center on the wrist too, don't get the artist to get you to put one wrist wresting on the other as this will pull the skin askew.

And as it was mentioned before a tattoo is for life. The worst thing you can do (in my eyes) is book for a session first without knowing implicitly what you want to get. My personal rule is mull something over, google a few designs. Print one out and maybe draw/add your own stuff to it. Hang it up and if you get sick of it after a while then you're not meant to have it permanently on your body.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Also most artists wont tattoo too close to the wrist.
    The way I was taught was that you bend your wrist upwards with your palm facing up and tattoo roughly 1 inch above the creases(or should I say the crease furthest up your arm)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Would the creases not generally be affected by how fat/thin the person is though ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭mary123

trishw78 wrote: »
    Sorry to Hijack but I've been thinking about getting either my wrist tattoo'd or developing another one I have. Just wondering how you got on getting your wrist done did you go for it or have you decided to wait for the right image.

Went ahead and got it done Monday, i had a design i was keen on so decided to go for that one. I love it so much getting my other wrist done next week. Yes it hurt a bit but not to bad. The swelling has just gone down today well pleased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭mary123

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Also most artists wont tattoo too close to the wrist.
    The way I was taught was that you bend your wrist upwards with your palm facing up and tattoo roughly 1 inch above the creases(or should I say the crease furthest up your arm)

This is what Kellie my tattoist did.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

c - 13 wrote: »
    Would the creases not generally be affected by how fat/thin the person is though ?

Shouldnt make much difference at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I decided to hold-off on getting my wrist done But I have decided to develop the one on my shoulder a bit though. I remember the pain from my ankle so I think I'll wait for that "jump of the page and slap you in the face" design I usually go for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement