Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buggiest game ever??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

CiaranC wrote: »
    Thats not a long list of bug fixes. Most of these are trivial, cosmetic and to be expected.

no, they are bugs that require fixes. fixes are not cosmetic, adjustments and tweaks are. fixes are not.
    CiaranC wrote: »
    Also, your claims of 'every other €40 game just works' is hilarious. Im running the game on old hardware, on XP embedded, with hardly any drivers with ZERO issues.

but if you were using a MAC you'd probably be still waiting to play it. and yes, most games do work from the offing. at least to some level of playability. the volume of people that can't say this for Football Manager is totally unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Seanot

just because it's working for ye. for the majority of people it isn't. this game is amateur. bug ridden and amateur!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Seanot wrote: »
    just because it's working for ye. for the majority of people it isn't. this game is amateur. bug ridden and amateur!
    Sorry, that's untrue. As has been said by a previous poster, for the majority the game is working just fine.

You will only hear complaints from the minority for whom teh game is not working well or not working at all. And complaining is fine - if you're having issues, then a person has every right to complain and get their issue sorted.

However, the others - the silent majority - you're not hearing from them cos they're away happily playing the game!

Just to add to the ontopicness - I don't believe FM09 is the buggiest game ever. Putting aside the DRM issue, I remember FM08's initial release being much much worse than '09. The closing-down bug was a complete showstopper in 08. The FM2009 release puts it to shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Game continually freezes on gameday while in fullscreen mode.

Only fix I've found is to run in windowed mode :rolleyes: Not how the game is to be played.

Running the 9.1 patch as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

kaimera wrote: »
    Game continually freezes on gameday while in fullscreen mode.

Only fix I've found is to run in windowed mode :rolleyes: Not how the game is to be played.

Running the 9.1 patch as well.

Happened to me once. Try hit the windows key to minimize it and click it in the taskbar. Hasn't happened me since.

• Advertisement

SofaK wrote: »
    Sorry, that's untrue. As has been said by a previous poster, for the majority the game is working just fine.

You will only hear complaints from the minority for whom teh game is not working well or not working at all. And complaining is fine - if you're having issues, then a person has every right to complain and get their issue sorted.

However, the others - the silent majority - you're not hearing from them cos they're away happily playing the game!

perhaps the game is working fine the majority. but the volume for which it isn't is still unacceptable imho...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Happened to me once. Try hit the windows key to minimize it and click it in the taskbar. Hasn't happened me since.
    windows key doesnt do anything.

I have to ctrl+alt+del and access task manager and even then I cant tab to the desktop.

x64 vista business btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

My version was freezing up a lot. I went to graphics and unchecked the box with 3D next to it and i have'nt had any problems since.

60 - 40 in favor of it being too bug ridden...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

60 - 40 in favor of it being too bug ridden...
    Eh, so what does that tell us then??

• Advertisement

kippy wrote: »
    Eh, so what does that tell us then??

:confused: that the majority of people here think it's too bug ridden...

Eh No.....
    It means that 23 people out of a total of 36 (people who have decided to reply to a poll on one website) so far believe it to be the "buggiest game ever"
    I would argue that to properly make that a fact one would have to have played every single game "ever".
    I know for a fact it is by far nowhere near the worst (buggy) game I have ever played.
    Kippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I know for a fact it is by far nowhere near the worst (buggy) game I have ever played.
    Kippy

I also know for a fact that I've seen more amateur mods with better QA than the last few football manager releases. now why should a bunch of hobbyists, most of whom would have proper 9-5s be able to build a more reliable game than what is one of the best selling commercial series of all time (well for PC anyway afaik)?

Eh No.....
    It means that 23 people out of a total of 36 (people who have decided to reply to a poll on one website) so far believe it to be the "buggiest game ever"

:rolleyes: eh ya...that would be what majority means...
    I also know for a fact that I've seen more amateur mods with better QA than the last few football manager releases.

+1. very good point.

"Buggiest game ever" is not what people are voting for here....to suggest so is to suggest people here have played every single game ever, which I think you'll agree is suggesting a bit much.
    Also, the "majority" you suggest is of a total of less than 40 people. Do you think that only 40 people out of the total usergroup of boards (a few hundred thousand I think) have bought the game?
    As I said, you'll only ever hear the negative comments, those who are happy out with their experience have nothing to complain about and in general you wont hear from them.

"Buggiest game ever" is not what people are voting for here....to suggest so is to suggest people here have played every single game ever, which I think you'll agree is suggesting a bit much.

What people are voting on is the question; "Is Football Manager too bug ridden??" As you can see if you read the poll...it's the question just over where you click yes or no...
    Also, the "majority" you suggest is of a total of less than 40 people. Do you think that only 40 people out of the total usergroup of boards (a few hundred thousand I think) have bought the game?

I never said it was the majority of every person who plays the game. I simply said it was the majority of people here in this poll. Which it is. I don't know why you have majority in inverted commas - it is a majority. More people have said Yes than No - what exactly is the confusion here? Is that not a majority?

I wanted the opinion of people on boards playing this game, hence the poll. If I wanted the opinion of every FM player on the planet I'd probably have taken a different route. Whenever I post on boards.ie I'm looking for the opinion of people on boards.ie, I would have thought that's why any of us come here at all...
    As I said, you'll only ever hear the negative comments, those who are happy out with their experience have nothing to complain about and in general you wont hear from them.

Which everyone here accepts. The point many people have been making is that this fact doesn't take from the high volumes of people who do complain and do have issues with the game. No one is suggesting that there aren't people happy with the game. The problem is, there are thousands who aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I bought it by download and it seems ok although a couple of minor glitches are obvious.

I don't know anything about the online gaming aspect of this game though, can anyone give me a bit of info? I'd be interested in joining an irish CM09 community (etc) but have no idea how. Any help?

What people are voting on is the question; "Is Football Manager too bug ridden??" As you can see if you read the poll...it's the question just over where you click yes or no...

I never said it was the majority of every person who plays the game. I simply said it was the majority of people here in this poll. Which it is. I don't know why you have majority in inverted commas - it is a majority. More people have said Yes than No - what exactly is the confusion here? Is that not a majority?

I wanted the opinion of people on boards playing this game, hence the poll. If I wanted the opinion of every FM player on the planet I'd probably have taken a different route. Whenever I post on boards.ie I'm looking for the opinion of people on boards.ie, I would have thought that's why any of us come here at all...

Which everyone here accepts. The point many people have been making is that this fact doesn't take from the high volumes of people who do complain and do have issues with the game. No one is suggesting that there aren't people happy with the game. The problem is, there are thousands who aren't.
    Eh, whats the thread title?

Three peope in a room. Two say that black is white. The majority say black is white, therefore black is white. Discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Is it a bug when your assistent says every game that the gap between defence and midfield is to big?

Eh, whats the thread title?

Three peope in a room. Two say that black is white. The majority say black is white, therefore black is white. Discuss.

:rolleyes: oh well, now that you put it that way...

If you're trying to argue that the majority of people here didn't think the game was too bug ridden then you my friend have an up hill struggle. The name of the thread hasn't much to do with it. The poll's question is pretty clear.

Exactly what is your issue here?? That the majority of people were against your opinion, or do you still have issue with the concept of majority??

I just don't see the confusion - I stuck up a poll, people gave their opinion. That opinion came down some 60% in the favor of Yes - Football Manager is too bug ridden. Do you not think the poll is valid?? Do the opinions of the 40 or so that voted not count?? As I said earlier, I was looking for a gauge of what FM fans on boards thought, and felt that this was the best option. I think the results are pretty clear.

• Advertisement

Beau wrote: »
    Is it a bug when your assistent says every game that the gap between defence and midfield is to big?

Maybe you just need a new assistant :p Or maybe you need to lessen the gap between the defence and midfield. The holding midfielder is a crucial position, the hole between midfield and defence. Your Gattuso's and the likes would be good in such a position.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Running it on Vista with the patch and it has frozen 3 times over 5 days, annoying but not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Maybe you just need a new assistant :p Or maybe you need to lessen the gap between the defence and midfield. The holding midfielder is a crucial position, the hole between midfield and defence. Your Gattuso's and the likes would be good in such a position.

Nah it has to be a mistake I have Alonso holding back and defence pushing up.

Beau wrote: »
    Nah it has to be a mistake I have Alonso holding back and defence pushing up.

ah well. another bug to the list then.

Advertisement