Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bootleg Thread

Options
  • 16-11-2008 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Not going to post links unless the mod says it's OK but anyway, the next step of appreciation: The live show.

What are the best bootlegs floating about?

For my favourite band, Radiohead, there are some absolute amazing sets bouncing around (perhaps because they're one of the best live acts ever) but my recommendations would be Earls Court 27/11/03 with most of the favourites and pretty much all of Hail to the Thief (check out Go To Sleep, Jonny's guitar at the end of it is f*cking insane http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2VPFLdddDM )
    The Eurockennes '03 show, with Thom singing After the Goldrush before kicking into Everything in it's Right Place ... F*ck yeah.

There's also a live in Tokyo '04 which, apart from being an excellent set just has the highest quality audio I've heard from a bootleg.

There's also a Modeselektor mix bouncing around the net called Boogie Bytes Vol.3. Just a great mix of IDM and techno with a bit of dubstep and with all Modeselektor sets, it's great fun.

I'll search the links if a mod says that it's OK to link non commercially available music.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 JeanH

On another day I may not say it's the best but it is always good - 'Straight to the Point' - Bowie 2003, The Point. On the bootleg you get all the banter plus China Girl which was edited from the official version. He played for close to three hours one night.

I love hearing all the banter and the tone deaf crowd singing along on boots.

Advertisement