Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2009 installation problems

Options
  • 16-11-2008 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

I've installed Football Manager 2009 on my laptop which has windows Vista operating system, but when I double click icon to start it I get the following error, followed by several simular errors and my laptop just shuts down.
    XML parsing Error!
    not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of
    channel-DATABASE_RECORD_ALLOCATOR_CHANNEL.xml

Any idea why this is happening or what I have to do to fix it?? I re-installed the game several times.

I've also installed it on my desktop and it works, but is incrediblely slow starting and running the game when is starts? Again any idea why this is the case.

I've used all previous versions of this game and never had any of these problems. I just inserted the disc loaded the game and off I went.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Did you try the second install option? Afaik there is a alternative method than using steam during the setup, may help

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭villa2008

Yeah, I've installed both without the steam, same problems.

Why the version i've installed on the PC is so slow I really dont understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

dont know if this is any help but found this, different game and all but might help.

http://real.lithium.com/real/board/message?board.id=RealArcade&thread.id=16693

Anybody else had these problems with the game. Could it be the copy of the game I have?? Maybe its faulty in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Does your laptop meet the minimum spec?

• Advertisement

Laptop:
    OPS: Vista
    Processor: 1.60 Ghz
    RAM: 1GB
    Video Card: Dont Know how to check

PC
    OPS:XP
    Processor: 2.8 Ghz
    RAM: 512
    Video Card: Dont Know how to check

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Start -> Run -> type dxdiag

Click on the Display tab and your video device's name should be there.

SIGames say these are the minimum spec:

OS - Windows Vista or XP
    Processor Speed - Vista - 2.0GHz, XP - 1.4GHz
    Memory - Vista - 1GB, XP - 512MB
    Videocard - 128MB Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

It looks like your laptop's processor is slower then needed. Of course, not sure if thats the cause of your error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Lukaz111

you don't have enough RAM to run the game although it says you only 512RAM you need more for other applications which is why its so slow.

Advertisement