Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hit and Run

Options
  • 16-11-2008 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

I cant stop thinking about what I saw this morning as I was walking my dogs.

This poor Jack Russell was knocked down right in front of me and the driver just sped off :( I just heard a bang and then as the car drove off the little dog was in the middle of the road not moving with one leg in the air unnaturally straight...

I ran over to him and the little fella was in agony and kept groaning. I was knealing beside him just holding his bead but I couldnt see an owner anywhere and then this man ran over and said it was his dog. All I could say was, in a very loud and pis sed of tone was "where the f uck is his fu cking lead" ?

I was totally heartbroken and I cant get the image of him out of my mind. The man had a cigarette in his hands and was worrying about where to put it than worrying about his dog.

This man didn't look like he had much money and now I am worrying that he just went home and "sorted" the dog out himself instead of getting proper medical care for him. Even the way he picked the dog up, by his collar. I don't know why I didn't stay with him but the cars started coming and I had to get myself and my dogs off the road and when I turned back around he was gone into an estate.

I just started balling my eyes out for the poor dog. Between the owner and the driver - fu cke rs is all I can say. I feel so guilty for not doing anything but I honestly didn't know what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

I just started balling my eyes out for the poor dog. Between the owner and the driver - fu cke rs is all I can say. I feel so guilty for not doing anything but I honestly didn't know what to do.

There is no need to feel guilty. Nothing you could of done. Lets just hope the dog isnt suffering now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

Good on you for stopping hopefully the owner will take him to the vet, and thats for the a** hole driver he should be ashamed of himself for not stopping.

Don't blame your self there's just no talking to some people :mad:

Advertisement