Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kane

Options
  • 16-11-2008 4:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

I’m tired of any discussion of this Wrestling character being so protected and taboo on now two message boards here. Namely the Pro Wrestling and The Nocturnal forum. There is one borderline obsessive fan of Kanes who is a poster (who Id rather not name or go into the extent of his fandom) who generally speaking I actually like. This person has said the past if Kane is mentioned that as a fan he will defend him and has actually criticised me about using facts of all things when discussing his place in Wrestling and his overall abilities. As soon as this wrestler in particular is mentioned fairly or unfairly it nearly always turns into an argument. In the Pro Wrestling forum it has all created almost an additional unwritten rule in the charter of Thou Shall Not Mention Kane. So as a consequence as soon as someone brings Kane up they are reported or told to knock it off by other posters for fear of upsetting this one fan in particular, general creating a bad vibe the thread. Yes we all have our favourites in anything we follow. But we should all be able to tolerate even the mildest well though points and criticism of our favourites.

I don’t see why this character or said fan needs to receive this preferential treatment or this presumed preferential treatment.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

If this is regarding your recent banning from the nocturnal forum then I don't feel that it is fair for you to paint matters in such a light.

You weren't banned for mentioning Kane, you were banned for ignoring multiple in thread mod warnings regarding bringing issues from the pro wrestling forum into the nocturnal forum and disputing a mod decision in thread.

Regarding the Kane issue in the pro wrestling forum, maybe if you hadn't taken every possible oppertunity to bring it up to have a go at certain posters who are Kane fans to the point of causing them to leave the forum it wouldn't be such an issue?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

orestes wrote: »
    You weren't banned for mentioning Kane

I was warned though
    Regarding the Kane issue in the pro wrestling forum, maybe if you hadn't taken every possible oppertunity to bring it up to have a go at certain posters who are Kane fans to the point of causing them to leave the forum it wouldn't be such an issue?

Some back up to your claims would be nice.

rovert wrote: »
    I was warned though

No, you were warned for bringing Pro Wrestling forum matters into the nocturnal forum, where they have no place, as was everybody else in that thread.

The Pro Wrestling forum thing is not my concern, I just wanted to clear up your misrepresentation of the nocturnal forum.

No, you were warned for bringing Pro Wrestling forum matters into the nocturnal forum, where they have no place, as was everybody else in that thread.

Erm the thread was called Off The Ropes and it was a light hearted thread about WRESTLING. Why is me mentioning Kane's name in a joke a MATTER extactly? Pro Wrestling forum matters were mentioned in the thread before my post.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57538937&postcount=9

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57734531&postcount=78

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57746198&postcount=81

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57808392&postcount=90

These were more overt mentions of PW matters than mine was.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Any body else sick of all the feedback threads about the wrestling forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If Rovery it talking about KKV he is right...KKV is ridiculous in some of his defenses for Kane

Erm the thread was called Off The Ropes and it was a light hearted thread about WRESTLING. Pro Wrestling forum matters were mentioned in the thread.

The thread was for light-hearted banter about wrestling, not airing dirty laundry from the pro wrestling forum. Mentioning the Pro Wrestling forum is not the same thing as discussing matters that were carried over from there. There were several mod warnings issued on thread about bringing issues from the wrestling forum into the thread when people did so. People who persisted in doing so were banned.

You were not banned for doing so by the way. You were banned for disputing a mod warning in thread, which is against the forum charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Strange how there can be certain limitations on talk of one particular actor. Links would help, otherwise all this can turn into is a baseless rant.

callaway92 wrote: »
    If Rovery it talking about KKV he is right...KKV is ridiculous in some of his defenses for Kane

Well you named him.
    The thread was for light-hearted banter about wrestling, not airing dirty laundry from the pro wrestling forum. Mentioning the Pro Wrestling forum is not the same thing as discussing matters that were carried over from there. There were several mod warnings issued on thread about bringing issues from the wrestling forum into the thread when people did so. People who persisted in doing so were banned.

You were not banned for doing so by the way. You were banned for disputing a mod warning in thread, which is against the forum charter.

I was clarifying the mods misunderstand of a joke I made at my own expsense. Id rather keep this thread on how Kane has become protected speech in general. If the mention of Kane wasnt elevated to this level it is unlikely than this would be a matter in first place as a result I would have been warned for bringing up this matter as the matter would have existed in the first place.
    Gordon wrote: »
    Strange how there can be certain limitations on talk of one particular actor. Links would help, otherwise all this can turn into is a baseless rant.

Look at post #16 on please:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055416814

I was clarifying the mods misunderstand of a joke I made at my own expsense. Id rather keep this thread on how Kane has become protected speech in general. If the mention of Kane wasnt elevated to this level it is unlikely than this would be a matter in first place as a result I would have been warned for bringing up this matter as the matter would have existed in the first place.

Look at post #16 on please:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055416814

Oh, ok then. Well this post in that thread you linked to could explain it:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57877301&postcount=25

Perhaps if you hadn't continually baited the Kane fans the problem wouldn't have arisen?

That thread only serves to illustrate the point that the forum was continually wrecked over a prelonged period by people dragging multiple threads off topic to have a constant dig at the Kane fans at every possible oppertunity. Which is a nice way of saying they were trolling.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Rovert. This whole issue would not be one if people- yourself very much included- did not use kane to bait new posters.

You take every opportunity to have a dig.

Reap/ sow, tbh.

Oh, ok then. Well this post in that thread you linked to could explain it:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57877301&postcount=25

Perhaps if you hadn't continually baited the Kane fans the problem wouldn't have arisen?

I wasnt even the person who mentioned Kane in that thread so way to take the post out of the context of that thread. Anyway I was being sympathic to him by talking on his level
    That thread only serves to illustrate the point that the forum was continually wrecked over a prelonged period by people dragging multiple threads off topic to have a constant dig at the Kane fans at every possible oppertunity. Which is a nice way of saying they were trolling.

That thread isnt an illustration as the mod did rule as that what I posted was on topic. Please provide proof of me having a constant dig at the Kanes fan?

Here is another explain of KKV flying off the handle when Kane is mentioned.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055407543

SDooM wrote: »
    Rovert. This whole issue would not be one if people- yourself very much included- did not use kane to bait new posters.

You take every opportunity to have a dig.

Reap/ sow, tbh.

Please back up your claims please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

The wrestling forum is a scary place. Seriously.

Yes, KKV has gotten annoyed at Kane bashing and reacted, but only because you and certain other posters kept digging and digging at him about him being a Kane fan until he snapped. You baited him repeatedly in various threads until he took the bait and then you tried to paint yourself as the victim by saying that you can't even mention Kane without him having a go.

You keep on poking someone, you can't be surprised or annoyed when they turn around and slug you one. And you can't claim innocence after they do it either.

Yes, KKV has gotten annoyed at Kane bashing and reacted, but only because you and certain other posters kept digging and digging at him about him being a Kane fan until he snapped.

When have I actually digged him about being a Kane fan again some proof please? To say he snapped implies a singular occurance. He has displayed abnormal behaviour more times than that.
    You baited him repeatedly in various threads until he took the bait and then you tried to paint yourself as the victim by saying that you can't even mention Kane without him having a go.

When did I bait him extactly? The strongest opinion Ive given on Kane is that he is boring and over the hill. I dont think Im in a minority saying that either. I dont consider that baiting merely my opinion.
    You keep on poking someone, you can't be surprised or annoyed when they turn around and slug you one. And you can't claim innocence after they do it either.

KKV seem to have this problem and reputation before I even posted on Pro Wrestling forum. To borrow you boxing analogy, KKV cant roll with punches.

Please back up your claims please.

I will soon as i get home, and as long as the pw mods have not deleted.

Oh, and i'm not talking about kkv. What was the ape guys name again?
    Wow, it sure seems an awful coincidence that two posters have had trouble with you about kane and your third post in the noc thread was an unsolicited comment about him.

One might almost say you appear to be doing it on purpose.

Wow, it sure seems an awful coincidence that two posters have had trouble with you about kane and your third post in the noc thread was an unsolicited comment about him.

Pretensious Ape. Was baited until he lost the rag and insulted rovert and was then banned. Oh, imo of course

I know, but life is full of coincidences I'm sure

One might almost say you appear to be doing it on purpose.
    Pretensious Ape. Was baited until he lost the rag and insulted rovert and was then banned. Oh, imo of course

I know, but life is full of coincidences I'm sure

Ape was a troll and was trolling other threads you can ask the Pro Wrestling mods if you dont believe me.

• Advertisement

Ape was a troll and was trolling other threads you can ask the Pro Wrestling mods if you dont believe me.

I know, i reported the post. Then again, why did he loose his head rover?

He was trolling in other threads at the time too most of which were deleted if memory serves me correct he was looking to get banned. What has this got to do with this thread?

He was trolling in other threads at the time too most of which were deleted if memory serves me correct he was looking to get banned. What has this got to do with this thread?

I'll answer these at the same time. Read the thread linked below

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57672963#post57672963

Oh look at that, a completely unsolicited Kane jibe by rovert leading to a poster losing the head. Are we beginning to see a pattern here folks?

And if you read a bit further you can see that 4 threads were ruined by people giving out about Kane that week, and one long term user posting to say the forum had gone to shit and he was leaving it for good.

Surely I'm not the only one who sees a connection between all of these things?

I'll answer that.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57672963#post57672963

Oh look at that, a completely unsolicited Kane jibe by rovert leading to a poster losing the head. Are we beginning to see a pattern here folks?

That post was was a joke and was taken as such by all other posters in the thread notice the thanks that came after it. Once again Ape was trolling other threads ask the Pro Wrestling mods if you dont believe me.

And if you read a bit further you can see that 4 threads were ruined by people giving out about Kane that week, and one long term user posting to say the forum had gone to shit and he was leaving it for good.

Surely I'm not the only one who sees a connection between all of these things?

Do you know how many fans have turned away from Wrestling this year dont you due to the direction it is taking? The OP was another illustation of this and look who was the first to reply to it:
    PWInsider:

:rolleyes:

A really telling sign of the direction WWE seems to be intent on travelling on.
    Oh for christs sake, this kinda stuff is just getting ridiculous at this stage

My joke about Kane was fueled by the fact that there was 3 threads about him already. I was making light of it and other posters thanked me for it.

That post was was a joke and was taken as such by all other posters in the thread notice the thanks that came after it. Once again Ape was trolling other threads ask the Pro Wrestling mods if you dont believe me.
    My joke about Kane was fueled by the fact that there was 3 threads about him already. I was making light of it and other posters thanked me for it.

Well if those posts are your idea of a joke you might want to work on your sense of humour, cos apparently you're the only one who finds them funny. Everyone else just finds them annoying and trollish from what I can tell.

And I don't know how many have turned away from pro wrestling in the last year, but I know for a fact that a lot of people have turned away from the wrestling forum in the last year. I wonder why?

I’m tired of any discussion of this Wrestling character being so protected and taboo on now two message boards here.

Well i only made, what, three or four posts in the nocturnal forum, so I can't have contributed to the Kaning that went on in there. (ha, 'Kaning'.. Thats awesome.)

But as for Pro-Rasslin..

5340603.jpg

I say it before.. I say it again...

There's a difference between Kane coming up in conversation and people discussing him, than someone purposely quoting me and bringing up Kane in negative light for no reason other than to start an argument.

Rovert.. you seem to have some kind of an issue with me. I don't know what it is, i dont know why, how, where, when, etc. but for some reason, i get the jibe that you don't like me.

For example, i make a thread for a bit of fun:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055411148

("If WWE was like UFC")

and everyone gets the idea of the thread.. except you. You drag it into the ground by constantly bringing up technicalities about how it cant actually happen in real life. Everyone else got the jist of it pretty quickly, but you hammered on and on until the thread just went to crap.

Its things you do like that that annoy me.

As i've said, I don't think Kane is the best pure, technical wrestler in the world. He's definitely not the greatest talker on the microphone.. but as an overall 'Entertainer' he is my favourite. He has a presence about him that draws me to him. I like his wrestling style, and i can comfortably say that, to me, Kane is the best overall performer in WWE in my opinion.

I am 100% perfectly fine with people disagreeing with that. But i'm sick of;

Someone: Hear Christian's coming back to WWE?
    Me: Really?
    Someone: Yeah. He'll be brilliant.
    Me: Ah, i dunno. Im not too mad about him.
    Someone: Kane sucks ass!!!

And thats the general routine for my internet arguments on here. I don't care if anyone and everyone here hates Kane. Just don't go on at me about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

There's a difference between Kane coming up in conversation and people discussing him, than someone purposely quoting me and bringing up Kane in negative light for no reason other than to start an argument.

Basically it in a nutshell. Unnecessary baiting was the problem, or that's how I saw it anyway.

Well i only made, what, three or four posts in the nocturnal forum, so I can't have contributed to the Kaning that went on in there. (ha, 'Kaning'.. Thats awesome.).

Yes but this “rule” seems to have migrated over there.
    Rovert.. you seem to have some kind of an issue with me. I don't know what it is, i dont know why, how, where, when, etc. but for some reason, i get the jibe that you don't like me.

For example, i make a thread for a bit of fun:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055411148

("If WWE was like UFC")

and everyone gets the idea of the thread.. except you. You drag it into the ground by constantly bringing up technicalities about how it cant actually happen in real life. Everyone else got the jist of it pretty quickly, but you hammered on and on until the thread just went to crap.

I stand by what I said in that thread. Your recap of thread is slightly revisionistic you had to clarify the thread after people didn’t understand it. Excuse me if I took what you posted along with others and injected realism. It was a poorly defind topic and I see how this is relevant.
    As i've said, I don't think Kane is the best pure, technical wrestler in the world. He's definitely not the greatest talker on the microphone.. but as an overall 'Entertainer' he is my favourite. He has a presence about him that draws me to him. I like his wrestling style, and i can comfortably say that, to me, Kane is the best overall performer in WWE in my opinion.

You said he was an important character during the Attiude Era, I present a factual case that he wasn’t you criticise me for using facts. You got angry when I disputed you saying that Kane’s back story was fantastic when in actual fact it is considered by those even closest to it as a convoluted mess.
    I am 100% perfectly fine with people disagreeing with that. But i'm sick of;

You are not though hence this thread. Posters are actually policing others on threads for the fear posts might upset you. If you were 100% perfectly fine with people disagreeing this would be the case.
    Someone: Hear Christian's coming back to WWE?
    Me: Really?
    Someone: Yeah. He'll be brilliant.
    Me: Ah, i dunno. Im not too mad about him.
    Someone: Kane sucks ass!!!

And thats the general routine for my internet arguments on here. I don't care if anyone and everyone here hates Kane. Just don't go on at me about it.

If it is the general routine please post an example clearly isn’t a joke and involving me. I’ve ask you for this in the past.

Mentioning Kane shouldnt be a reportable offence. Eventhough this week you seemed to think it was.

• Advertisement

Well if those posts are your idea of a joke you might want to work on your sense of humour, cos apparently you're the only one who finds them funny. Everyone else just finds them annoying and trollish from what I can tell.?

Erm as I pointed out already I was thanked by others and no one objected to it. So I think people got the joke. If you followed my posts then I wasnt making strong subjective statements like that instead I was used objective points (ratings, buyrates) to make my case in the big Kane thread. So the post was made in contrast to all that.
    And I don't know how many have turned away from pro wrestling in the last year, but I know for a fact that a lot of people have turned away from the wrestling forum in the last year. I wonder why?

One of the reasons besides time why Fozzy and Minto stopped their podcast Im guessing.

Anyway if you are inferring me I only started posting six months ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement