Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kane

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

rovert wrote: »
    Yes but this “rule” seems to have migrated over there.

I don't know how many times I've said this to you already, but I'll say it once more just to be sure. There is no rule in the nocturnal forum about mentioning Kane, there is a rule about bringing issues over from the PW forum and airing them there.
    Mentioning Kane shouldnt be a reportable offence. Eventhough this week you seemed to think it was.

Trolling and baiting are reportable offences, regardless of the subject matter being used.

You are not though hence this thread.

I didn't make this thread.

And im not posting in it any more either. Much like the Saw films; good fun the first time around, but it gets boring and I can pretty much guess how it ends.

(Sorry, i dont know why i mentioned the saw films.. just came into my head, i realise they're completely irrelevant)

Erm as I pointed out already I was thanked by others and no one objected to it. So I think people got the joke. If you followed my posts then I wasnt making strong subjective statements like that instead I was used objective points (ratings, buyrates) to make my case in the big Kane thread. So the post was made in contrast to all that.

Noone objected to it, apart from the guy who got annoyed and was subsequently banned for personal abuse, Minto getting so sick of it that he left the forum, all of the people who are giving out to other people for pointlessly bringing up Kane because they know it's inevitably going to cause a shit storm between you and KKV when you have a go at Kane for some reason, KKV himself, all of the people who reported a bunch of posts over it (and there were loads, and I was one of them) and who knows who else.

I think what you mean is the people who thanked your post didn't object to it. all 2 of them. The rest of the forum (those who are left there anyway) apparently disagree.
    One of the reasons besides time why Fozzy and Minto stopped their podcast Im guessing.

Anyway if you are inferring me I only started posting six months ago.

6 months ago would be within the last year, yes? And just so we're clear, and so we don't have to bother with any of this "are you inferring" stuff, yes I believe it was because of you that a lot of posters have left the forum. Most of them have said so publically, either in the pw forum or in feedback threads that that is the case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

orestes wrote: »
    I don't know how many times I've said this to you already, but I'll say it once more just to be sure. There is no rule in the nocturnal forum about mentioning Kane, there is a rule about bringing issues over from the PW forum and airing them there.

Yawn if Kane didnt become an issue in the PW forum this wouldnt have happened simple as.
    Trolling and baiting are reportable offences, regardless of the subject matter being used.

I agree, to my memory Ive never been given an infraction for baiting or trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I’m tired of any discussion of this Wrestling character being so protected and taboo on now two message boards here. Namely the Pro Wrestling and The Nocturnal forum. There is one borderline obsessive fan of Kanes who is a poster (who Id rather not name or go into the extent of his fandom) who generally speaking I actually like. This person has said the past if Kane is mentioned that as a fan he will defend him and has actually criticised me about using facts of all things when discussing his place in Wrestling and his overall abilities. As soon as this wrestler in particular is mentioned fairly or unfairly it nearly always turns into an argument. In the Pro Wrestling forum it has all created almost an additional unwritten rule in the charter of Thou Shall Not Mention Kane. So as a consequence as soon as someone brings Kane they are reported or told to knock it off by other posters for fear of upsetting this one fan in particular, general creating a bad vibe the thread. Yes we all have our favourites in anything we follow. But we should all be able to tolerate even the mildest well though points and criticism of our favourites.

I don’t see why this character or said fan needs to receive this preferential treatment or this presumed preferential treatment.

I mentioned Kane earlier in a negative light and the thread didn't turn into a flame war. I'm sure anyone that has had issues with you over using Kane whilst trolling saw that I was making a light hearted but still valid statement.

rovert's wrecked a number of threads on PW with his incessant whinging,complaining,trolling and arguing of semantics. And trevor, before you ask me to provide you with proof/links/threads or gtfo, the proof is all there in so many of them locked threads.

takola wrote: »
    The wrestling forum is a scary place. Seriously.

Internetz wrestling fans are very cynical in nature.

• Advertisement

Yawn if Kane didnt become an issue in the PW forum this wouldnt have happened simple as.

Not true. A user was banned from the nocturnal forum the other day for bringing up stuff that was talked about in the PW forum regarding Chris Benoit. The subject is immaterial to the enforcement of the rule. I don't know how much clearer I can make that to you.

And you might not have been infracted or banned for trolling, but you have been reported for it a bunch of times by many users who feel that you are.

I agree, to my memory Ive never been given an infraction for baiting or trolling.

You made it an issue.
    And why you've not had any infractions/bannings is another matter

Noone objected to it, apart from the guy who got annoyed and was subsequently banned for personal abuse

He also started threads full of personal abuse as well which got deleted.
    Minto getting so sick of it that he left the forum, all of the people who are giving out to other people for pointlessly bringing up Kane because they know it's inevitably going to cause a shit storm between you and KKV when you have a go at Kane for some reason, KKV himself, all of the people who reported a bunch of posts over it (and there were loads, and I was one of them) and who knows who else..

Minto & ShawnRaven got sick of Wrestling. There was no me vs. KKV **** storm there were others more vocal than either of us. To say it was Me vs KKV is pushing your own agenda. People had much more stronger views on Kane if anything I was the moderate one look at the Was Kane an important player during the attitude era thread.
    I think what you mean is the people who thanked your post didn't object to it. all 2 of them. The rest of the forum (those who are left there anyway) apparently disagree.

The silent majority then :rolleyes:. As they werent vocal of there disproval.
    6 months ago would be within the last year, yes? And just so we're clear, and so we don't have to bother with any of this "are you inferring" stuff, yes I believe it was because of you that a lot of posters have left the forum. Most of them have said so publically, either in the pw forum or in feedback threads that that is the case.

Among the reasons included were that I was asking for sources, proof and links. Which in fact the charter does request. Im the reason for 2.9 Raw has been getting too I guess. The Wrestling forum still does a sizable number of posters and there has been an influx of new posters. Again I state my case as one of the more helpful posters on there.

Among the reasons included were that I was asking for sources, proof and links. Which in fact the charter does request. Im the reason for 2.9 Raw has been getting too I guess. The Wrestling forum still does a sizable number of posters and there has been an influx of new posters. Again I state my case as one of the more helpful posters on there.

This just smacks of ego polishing tbh imho.
    You take info you get from figure4weekly/wrestling observer and post it in PW

You're even talking in wrestling jargon - "Wrestling forum does a sizeable number of posters"

I mentioned Kane earlier in a negative light and the thread didn't turn into a flame war. I'm sure anyone that has had issues with you over using Kane whilst trolling saw that I was making a light hearted but still valid statement..

If fairness this is a rare occurance.
    rovert's wrecked a number of threads on PW with his incessant whinging,complaining,trolling and arguing of semantics. And trevor, before you ask me to provide you with proof/links/threads or gtfo, the proof is all there in so many of them locked threads

Ill still ask you for proof.
    And you might not have been infracted or banned for trolling, but you have been reported for it a bunch of times by many users who feel that you are.

A mod from the Wrestling board said in the past that people were likely just looking for an excuse to get me banned and were likely reporting me in tandem.
    You made it an issue.
    And why you've not had any infractions/bannings is another matter

Please give examples of me trolling before you make those claims and then explain why you did report me at the time.

• Advertisement

Please give examples of me trolling ..........

This thread.

This just smacks of ego polishing tbh imho.
    You take info you get from figure4weekly/wrestling observer and post it in PW

As they are legitmate news sources, Alan. I credit them when I do as per the charter.

It isnt ego polishing look at how many questions I answer.
    You're even talking in wrestling jargon - "Wrestling forum does a sizeable number of posters"

Ive never heard JR say this now.
    This thread.

And your two comments Ive just replied to isnt?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

/popcorn.
    So who's a cooler mob for me to join at this juncture?
    Kane sucks or Kane rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

/popcorn.
    So who's a cooler mob for me to join at this juncture?
    Kane sucks or Kane rules?
    Kane Sucks.

"DON'T MESS WITH JERICHO."
    I remember that toy jericho I used to have as a child, I thought it was entertaining, then I realised the bitchfights about 'who's better' were actually better than the wrestling itself.

I didn't make this thread.

And im not posting in it any more either. Much like the Saw films; good fun the first time around, but it gets boring and I can pretty much guess how it ends.

(Sorry, i dont know why i mentioned the saw films.. just came into my head, i realise they're completely irrelevant)

At least give me the courtesy of a reply.

nevf wrote: »
    Kane Sucks.

"DON'T MESS WITH JERICHO."
    I remember that toy jericho I used to have as a child, I thought it was entertaining, then I realised the bitchfights about 'who's better' were actually better than the wrestling itself.
    I only caught on later on.
    I always liked Scotty too hotty.

Style like that is timeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I only caught on later on.
    I always liked Scotty too hotty.

Style like that is timeless.
    Thats style if ever I seen it. Lovely one to finish him off.
    I remember back in the day when we used to mod the Playstation so it could play copied games. Loved that game, yet, I couldn't stand watching Wrestling... Scotty was a classic, as was (Rock of) jericho.

At least give me the courtesy of a reply.

No, because it only drags these things on longer. I'm watching the thread though :)

Bollocko and nevf... can we cut the crap? There's no point in further driving the topic into the ground by acting like kids.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

So rovert please answer these questions.

Are you currently banned from PW ?
    Are you currently banned from Nocturnal and it's off the ropes thread ?
    Why are you creating a thread about Wrestling here in feedback ?
    Is it cos you are banned due to your behaviour from the places on the site where discussions are on topic ?

No, because it only drags these things on longer. I'm watching the thread though :)(

All Im asking you is dont be such zealot when it comes to Kane it is a discussion board you may read somethings you dont like. People should be allowed to talk about Kane or any other character without being reported or being threatened with being reported as you did this week. Just cop the **** on.

• Advertisement

I talked about Kane in a negative light and I wasn't reported. (that I know of, but if anyone has a problem with what I said PM me and we can sort it out amicably)

Talk of Kane isn't banned otherwise it would come up as ****

All Im asking you is dont be such zealot when it comes to Kane it is a discussion board you may read somethings you dont like. People should be allowed to talk about Kane or any other character without being reported or being threatened with being reported as you did this week. Just cop the **** on.

Yes, Rovert. It is 100% my fault. I've had sleepless nights thinking of ways to hurt and annoy you. You are nothing but a mere, innocent victim, at the hands of an evil, twisted forum member.

Oddly, of all the places i post here, Pro-Wrestling is the only forum i get any grief in. Pretty weird.

LadyDeath, i don't think he's banned from wrestling, but from the sounds of it, he has been banned from the nocturnal forum (although i don't know for certain).

I talked about Kane in a negative light and I wasn't reported. (that I know of, but if anyone has a problem with what I said PM me and we can sort it out amicably)

Talk of Kane isn't banned otherwise it would come up as ****

I don't think i've ever reported anyone on boards (i could be wrong, but i dont remember ever reporting anyone).

As i said, i dont mind Kane being unloved here. I do mind when its used to start an argument with me, or just wind me up.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    So rovert please answer these questions.

Are you currently banned from PW ?

No
    Are you currently banned from Nocturnal and it's off the ropes thread ?

Yes for a week until next Friday
    Why are you creating a thread about Wrestling here in feedback ?

Any discussion or mention of Kane is seen as a quasi-offence among some posters.
    Is it cos you are banned due to your behaviour from the places on the site where discussions are on topic ?

I dont actually totally understand your question, sorry. Without being rude the reason why i started the thread is covered in the OP.

Yes, Rovert. It is 100% my fault. I've had sleepless nights thinking of ways to hurt and annoy you. You are nothing but a mere, innocent victim, at the hands of an evil, twisted forum member.

Stop being so silly and saracastic. I never said it was 100% your fault all I asked you was stop being such a zealot with mentality of "as a Kane fan if he is mentioned I MUST defend him."

Bollocko and nevf... can we cut the crap? There's no point in further driving the topic into the ground by acting like kids.:(
    My good man if a valid topic is brought up in feedback I would never wish to divert the point. I would specifically try to never be thought of by anyone as doing so by acting childishly.
    Now if a valid topic had been bought up at some time in this particular instance of feedback thread I would invoke this rule without hesitation.

Honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I dont actually totally understand your question, sorry. Without being rude the reason why i started the thread is covered in the OP. Any discussion or mention of Kane is seen as a quasi-offence among some posters.

No it's not dude. You can mention Kane all you want just once who aren't trying to take the piss out of certain posters.

Just to clear this point up once and for all so we're all clear on it after Thaedydal asking:

Rovert is banned from the nocturnal forum for a week, but I would like to point out yet again that it is not for discussing or mentioning Kane. After he posted an unsolicited Kane response an in thread warning was issued about bringing Pro Wrestling forum issues into the thread, the same way other posters had been warned on thread for the same thing before (KKV and Shawn Raven in particular, and both had no problem understanding the warning and were very gracious about it). Rovert disputed the warning in thread and was banned for a week for doing so.

It was nothing to do with the fact that what he posted had to do with Kane, another user was banned yesterday for refusing to drop a Pro Wrestling forum issue regarding Chris Benoit. It has nothing to do with the subject matter being brought in from another forum, just the fact that issues from another forum were not to be dragged up in the noc forum.

Roverts ban was not anything to do with Kane, it was for arguing with a mod warning in thread, which is against the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Rovert,I've never had an dealings with you,and for the record,the last time i watched wrestling,i was twelve.

So-as for being banned from the nocturnal forum,you are not banned for mentioning kane.
    You are banned for your response to a mod warning.

That is simply it as regards the nocturnal forum.
    Edit-blast,double noc mod post. Creepy.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    No it's not dude. You can mention Kane all you want just once who aren't trying to take the piss out of certain posters.

When have I took the piss out of posters?

Also why are Kane fans above from getting the piss taken out of them? We all slag off other wrestlers and their fans dont we?

• Advertisement

Just to clear this point up once and for all so we're all clear on it after Thaedydal asking:

Rovert is banned from the nocturnal forum for a week, but I would like to point out yet again that it is not for discussing or mentioning Kane. After he posted an unsolicited Kane response an in thread warning was issued about bringing Pro Wrestling forum issues into the thread, the same way other posters had been warned on thread for the same thing before (KKV and Shawn Raven in particular, and both had no problem understanding the warning and were very gracious about it). Rovert disputed the warning in thread and was banned for a week for doing so.

It was nothing to do with the fact that what he posted had to do with Kane, another user was banned yesterday for refusing to drop a Pro Wrestling forum issue regarding Chris Benoit. It has nothing to do with the subject matter being brought in from another forum, just the fact that issues from another forum were not to be dragged up in the noc forum.

Roverts ban was not anything to do with Kane, it was for arguing with a mod warning in thread, which is against the charter.
    Nerin wrote: »
    Rovert,I've never had an dealings with you,and for the record,the last time i watched wrestling,i was twelve.

So-as for being banned from the nocturnal forum,you are not banned for mentioning kane.
    You are banned for your response to a mod warning.

That is simply it as regards the nocturnal forum.
    Edit-blast,double noc mod post. Creepy.

Ill repeat myself again I was warned about bringing up a matter from Pro Wrestling forum. Kane full stop has become a matter or an issue. Im tired of Kane or the mention of him being a matter or an issue on the Pro Wrestling forum. He is a wrestler just like any other. I feel like myself and others are being restricted in mentioning him when warranted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement