Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kane

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

rovert wrote: »
    When have I took the piss out of posters?

Also why are Kane fans above from getting the piss taken out of them? We all slag off other wrestlers and their fans dont we?

You can take the piss, critique the role of the character in a show if you will, just don't mention or affiliate a poster's name every time you bring Kane up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Ill repeat myself again I was warned about bringing up a matter from Pro Wrestling forum. Kane full stop has become a matter or an issue. Im tired of Kane or the mention of him being a matter or an issue on the Pro Wrestling forum. He is a wrestler just like any other. I feel like myself and others are being restricted in mentioning him when warranted.

Like someone else pointed out to you earlier, discussion of Kane has become a matter or an issue because you made it one by taking every possible oppertunity to bring him up in threads to have a go at other posters who disagreed with your opinion of him. You caused the problem, you can't give out about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Here's the deal.
    Rovert, you really need to stop taking PW so seriously.

I know the term "sports entertainment" leaves a sour taste in some people's mouths (mine anyway), but at the end of the day it is only entertainment.

I know that some people are a bit tired of the direction the WWE has taken in the past few years, but they are just changing with the times and will continue to do so.

Their core audience used to be the 18-34 age group, but they seem to have shifted their programming towards a younger group. I have a rant about this typed up on another pc, but that for the PW forum.

Point is, wrestling changes. Some stop watching, but you then get a younger group to take their place.
    This younger group are not as savvy as their predecessors, but you seem to come off as quite condescending towards those people. It's not really a nice way to communicate you opinions.

Just sit back, relax and enjoy the show for what it is or stop watching altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Ill repeat myself again I was warned about bringing up a matter from Pro Wrestling forum. Kane full stop has become a matter or an issue. Im tired of Kane or the mention of him being a matter or an issue on the Pro Wrestling forum. He is a wrestler just like any other. I feel like myself and others are being restricted in mentioning him when warranted.

I gotta meet you in person and see what you're like amongst people.

You've made your points over and over again, and you've gotten your answers. Would it not be advisable to take it up with a higher power if you're not satisfied with the answers in this thread ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

And I'll repeat myself. You were banned for your response to the mod. Not because of kane. I don't post on pw,and i don't know from personal experience the history there. You were banned for your response,and it doesn't matter what wrestler it was. Maybe it does in the actual wrestling forum,but not on ours. Its a thread thats only been left open as a privilege,so wrestling forum rules do not apply,and you can't talk about all aspects of wrestling there. Its as simple as that.

Edit-bloody predictive text

• Advertisement

You've made your points over and over again, and you've gotten your answers. Would it not be advisable to take it up with a higher power if you're not satisfied with the answers in this thread ?

Good call, we're just going around in circles here at this stage imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    You can take the piss, critique the role of the character in a show if you will, just don't mention or affiliate a poster's name every time you bring Kane up.

I have "critique the role of the character in a show if you will" in the past and got referred to as a Kane basher and an anti-Kaner. I dont mention posters names every time when I bring him up. Everyone please stop exaggerating.
    orestes wrote: »
    Like someone else pointed out to you earlier, discussion of Kane has become a matter or an issue because you made it one by taking every possible oppertunity to bring him up in threads to have a go at other posters who disagreed with your opinion of him. You caused the problem, you can't give out about it now.

I havent taken every opportunity to bring him up. He has been having an overly long feud with Rey currently which has been universally panned. Have I said anything about it to any great extent? No I haven’t. So that claim simply isn’t true.

I dont even feel that strongly about Kane in fairness, Im apathetic if anything.

Once again KKV had this reputation BEFORE I ever stated posting to say I start the problem simply isnt true either.

Nerin wrote: »
    And I'll repeat myself. You were banned for your response to the mod. Not because of kane. I don't post on pw,and i don't know from personal experience the history there. You were banned for your response,and it doesn't matter what wrestler it was. Maybe it does in the actual wrestling forum,but not on ours. Its a thread thats only been left open as a privilege,so wrestling forum rules do not apply,and you can't talk about all aspects of wrestling there. Its as simple as that.

I've only been posting in there for a couple of weeks and I got the jist of it fairly easy. Look at a few days of threads and you can sort of grasp what goes on over there.

Some of these Feedback threads probably do more harm than good. They just sort of resort to 4th class mud slinging/grass fights etc.
    I've never before seen a forum encourage criticism and the like. I like it though, but some people seem to take it over the top

I havent taken every opportunity to bring him up. He has been having an overly long feud with Rey currently which has been universally panned. Have I said anything about it to any great extent? No I haven’t. So that claim simply isn’t true.

I dont even feel that strongly about Kane in fairness, Im apathetic if anything.

Once again KKV had this reputation BEFORE I ever stated posting to say I start the problem simply isnt true either.

Like I just said, we're going around in circles here We already had this part earlier on.

Feck this, I'm going for a walk or something. If I come back in a couple of hours there is a pretty good chance I can pick up right here anyway the next time we get to this part of the cycle.

Nerin wrote: »

Please listen all of you this isnt about my banning from the Nocturnal forums. It is about Kane and any mention of him being seen as an issue or matter to the extent it has become a quasi rule on the Pro Wrestling boards which in turn seems to making it's way to other parts of boards.

KKV was going to report someone over this:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57876380&postcount=18
    Like I just said, we're going around in circles here We already had this part earlier on.

We are going round in circles are you are making groundless claims and exaggerated points. I ask for back up for these and you don’t give me any.

• Advertisement

We hear you trevor, but we've said our peace and there's nothing more we can do or say. PM a super mod or admin and get them to have a look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I have "critique the role of the character in a show if you will" in the past and got referred to as a Kane basher and an anti-Kaner. I dont mention posters names every time when I bring hi. Everyone please stop exaggerating.

Kane basher or anti-Kaner is no more an insult than calling someone else a fanboy. Similar stuff goes on in motors forums between Honda and BMW fans. There will always be one person who cannot let any perceived criticism of their favourite go unchecked. It is not a big deal.
    Please listen all of you this isnt about my banning from the Nocturnal forums. It is about Kane and any mention of him being seen as an issue or matter to the extent it has become a quasi rule on the Pro Wrestling boards which in turn seems to making it's way to other parts of boards.

Have the mods put this so called quasi rule in the charter? Have they warned, infracted or banned people for breaking this quasi rule? If it's just a rule that other posters have invented then so what? It has no meaning unless the mods are enforcing it. Are they?

Give actual examples please.

And btw it doesn't matter if other posters are reporting you for breaking a made up quasi rule. I doubt the mods entertain reports of posts that don't actually break the rules. In fact it's more likely to get you in trouble reporting people for a rule that exists only in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

please explain?

Rovert, i have a question for you which i dont think was asked yet.

Well, i have two. :p

Numero unó: What do you hope to achieve out of this?

Number 2: Why do you have such a want to to bring kane up?

please explain?

Rovert, i have a question for you which i dont think was asked yet.

Well, i have two. :p

A)1: To troll and get attention
    A)2: See above.

That deserves a :pac:

Thats it, im adding you as a friend!

javaboy wrote: »
    Kane basher or anti-Kaner is no more an insult than calling someone else a fanboy. Similar stuff goes on in motors forums between Honda and BMW fans. There will always be one person who cannot let any perceived criticism of their favourite go unchecked. It is not a big deal.

I understand what you are talking about. But this isnt us vs them stuff.

javaboy wrote: »
    Have the mods put this so called quasi rule in the charter? Have they warned, infracted or banned people for breaking this quasi rule? If it's just a rule that other posters have invented then so what? It has no meaning unless the mods are enforcing it. Are they?

And btw it doesn't matter if other posters are reporting you for breaking a made up quasi rule. I doubt the mods entertain reports of posts that don't actually break the rules. In fact it's more likely to get you in trouble reporting people for a rule that exists only in your head.

It isnt in the charter although some are acting like it is. But gets called arguing, baiting or trolling in the threads themselves even it is not that in the slightest. Bringing the "mood" of thread down/ off topic with bitching.

Im venting my frustation at the annoyance it has become.

I want to be able to talk about Kane when warranted and not be accused of starting some thing just because it may offend a minority of posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That deserves a :pac:

Thats it, im adding you as a friend!

Shít like that isnt needed...Grow up.

I want to be able to talk about Kane when warranted and not be accused of starting some thing just because it may offend a minority of posters.

You don't give a toss about Kane!

Speaking of trolling and getting attention.....

Arent you one of the people trolling me last weekend in one of those locked threads you previously referred to?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055415106

Im venting my frustation at the annoyance it has become.

You would swear you were talking about the playground bully not letting you near the football field!

Who are the people who have gotten on your case about mentioning Kane?
    callaway92 wrote: »
    Shít like that isnt needed...Grow up.

I knew you would be near. :rolleyes:

To be honest, your post is laughable in a thread rovert posted up about being able to have a laugh and just have a rib with each other you say that.

• Advertisement

Speaking of trolling and getting attention.....

Arent you one of the people trolling me last weekend in one of those locked threads you previously referred to?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055415106

Meh, either I was or wasn't.
    Should've reported it or made some silly egotistical thread like this one.

You would swear you were talking about the playground bully not letting you near the football field!.

Yeah totally exactly :rolleyes:

You:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57882667&postcount=34

This was after the mod said that my post was on topic.
    To be honest, your post is laughable in a thread rovert posted up about being able to have a laugh and just have a rib with each other you say that.

callaway is right tho that post was hardly constructive was it.

Meh, either I was or wasn't.
    Should've reported it or made some silly egotistical thread like this one.

I did report hence it was locked. Again you are trolling here with your comments.

You:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57882667&postcount=34

callaway is right tho that post was hardly constructive was it.

Yay, im a bully again. :rolleyes:

Yeah it was AFTER. as in AFTER that you started swerving off topic.

Oh and btw, my post was not a stitch on un-constructiveness as the last 6 pages of this thread has been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Perhaps it would be helpful to have a mod the the wrestling forum post here. Otherwise it will just continue with rovert demanding evidence and arguing even when he is given it and other posters arguing back but their point never being taken on.

As an aside, here is something for you to think about. Rovert, I hardly even know what wrestling is and I've never been in that forum but your user name is very familiar to me, even before the noc forum thread was started. Why would that be do you think?

Yay, im a bully again. :rolleyes:.

Where did I mention the word bully in this thread?

Yeah it was AFTER. as in AFTER that you started swerving off topic.

The mod said it was on topic how can say posting an extact from the every quarterly report the post was about is swerving off topic Ill never know. Your post in that link only serves to show how the whole Kane thing is almost a quasi offence in the Pro Wres forum.

watna wrote: »
    continue with rovert demanding evidence and arguing even when he is given it and other posters arguing back but their point never being taken on.

How frequent have I been given evidence when I ask for it? When it has been presented it has been misrespresented or taken out of context.
    Perhaps it would be helpful to have a mod the the wrestling forum post here.

Agreed

You would swear you were talking about the playground bully not letting you near the football field!

Ok you didnt say the word bully.

But who else has fallen fowl to the gripe of having topics un inevitably dragged off course?

As an aside, here is something for you to think about. Rovert, I hardly even know what wrestling is and I've never been in that forum but your user name is very familiar to me, even before the noc forum thread was started. Why would that be do you think?

Because he's popular with the mods outside of Pro Raslin' ? :D

• Advertisement

Because he's popular with the mods outside of Pro Raslin' ? :D

Is he not?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement