Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GUESS? watch - swap issues

Options
  • 16-11-2008 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Bought the OH a nice new GUESS? watch for the anniversary in a GUESS? store in NY three weeks ago. As I'm a guy, and pretty poor at shopping I was nervous that I'd screw up/get the wrong one so when buying I asked to see the manager of the store and asked would I be able to swap the watch at the GUESS? store in Dublin, should I need to. To my surprise the manager assured me that I would have no issues swapping the watch, not only at a GUESS? store, but at any licenced GUESS? retailer (department stores etc.)

To my dismay, when I returned I noticed my girlfriend wearing a watch uncanny to the one I had bought. Not GUESS? but very very similar in design and style etc. I reckoned I'd have to swap the watch for another one, still more than happy to give her a GUESS? watch as I know she'l love it, but as I expected I have had trouble changing it in Debenhams and other GUESS? stockists.

I'm going to make the trip up to Dublin tomorrow and give it a bash in the GUESS? store on SouthAnne St, reckoning this will be my best bet. I have no problem putting money towards the new watch should I have to, and the watch I have in my possession is perfect, unopened, and with the receipt. However I fear I will run into more trouble, given the nature of Irish retailers!

Any advice on how best to approach the people in the store tomorrow? I'm a student and really can't afford to fork out the entire sum for a new watch, and don't want to give the girlfriend a pressie I'm not fully happy about giving!

Thanks guys

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Ring them, before you make the trip. Most retailers won't exchange goods bought in another continent, and US warranties are not normally transferable to Europe either.

I would be very surprised if they exchanged it for you, though you might be lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

The Guess shop in Dublin only caries lines that are out of date in other countries - at least thats what their staff told me last time I was in. So don't expect them to stock the watch you have...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Bluefoam wrote: »
    The Guess shop in Dublin only caries lines that are out of date in other countries - at least thats what their staff told me last time I was in. So don't expect them to stock the watch you have...
    Surely by that logic in a few months he will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I'd be extremely surprised if you were allowed to get another watch.

Advertisement