Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wipers broken Nissan Almera

Options
  • 16-11-2008 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

My car wipers stopped working, would need to replace wiper motor,
    car make Nissan Almera Automatic '97.
    Is it easy to find replacement and how much?
    My driving test is this friday, I will bring car to garage tomorrow,
    is it enough time to get it repaired before test friday? :eek:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Both have stopped working? if so could be just a fuse

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Thank you for your reply.
    Yes both wipers stopped working.

If its the fuse that gone flat, are there easy to find/replace and how much should i expect to pay, if you know.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Should have spare fuses in the main fuse box. You still got the manual? Either fuse box is under steering wheel, or beside the battery in the engine.

Yes, have manual book.
    Found the fuse box but confused about which fuse to remove and replace.
    Diagram show ok and burned out fuse but the actual fuses look nothing lke the drawing? :confused:

The spare fuses have numbers: 7.5, 10, 15 and 20.
    Which number is for the wiper motor?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Brabus

Yes, have manual book.
    Found the fuse box but confused about which fuse to remove and replace.
    Diagram show ok and burned out fuse but the actual fuses look nothing lke the drawing? :confused:

The spare fuses have numbers: 7.5, 10, 15 and 20.
    Which number is for the wiper motor?

Thanks in advance.
    Those numbers are the amperage of the fuse.

OP I've got the exact same problem as you at the moment with a 96 Punto. I replaced the wiper motor and switch myself thinking this would solve it but to no avail.
    I've brought it to three different places(including an auto electrician) and none of them can figure it out whats wrong with it.
    All I've been told is that there is no current going from the switch to the motor yet all the fuses have checked out ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Check the fuses in the car and the one's in the engine bay, i'd have a look at mine outside the door but it's all windy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

The fuse is inside the car on the primera its a 20amp I think on mine. On the back of the fuse cover there should be a pictures of the various accessories just match it up take the fuse out and examine (You may need a small pliers)

Good:

electronics_fuse_not_blown.jpg

Bad:

electronics_fuse_blown.jpg

Car fixed yesterday.
    Hmm, it was the wipers that needed replacing for 195euros.
    Was that a fair price?

The good news is that its working and ready for pre test and driving test tomorrow.
    Fingers crossed. :D

Update: Passed my test yesterday - whoo!! :D

Advertisement