Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tefal Actifry

• 16-11-2008 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hello there,

Looking to buy a new deep fat fryer....

Had a look in town today and seen the Tefal Actifry.

So does anyone own one if so how do you find it compared to normal style fryers, mainly concerned with taste of fries, spuds etc. Also how easy is it to clean.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

Hi,

I am also looking into buying one of these & would be interested in any opinions.

Cheers,
    Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 24 crubbeens

Hi, I've owned one for 10 months now, the chips are tasty but more like an oven chip than a deep fried variety. However it does take a long time to cook(approx 40mins) and then only quite a small amount at a time, it is quite noisy; Sounds like a hairdryer! It is very easy to clean as it disassembles quickly and all goes in the dishwasher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭toodelies

Hi there

a friend of mine bought one of these and i was also considering it!

said that the chips tasted like oven chips and it took about 40 mins to cook... he tossed it and has bought a regular one as wanted proper chips! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

This machine is the 'healthy option' version. You basically only put in 1 tablespoon of oil, and it stirs around the chips and blows hot air on them. I personally quite like the way they tasted, but you can't make more than enough for 4 persons (4 smallish portions). You can also 'stirfry' veg this way and various meats etc. If you want naughty chips in the acitfry, add goosefat instead:-)!
    I think the actifry is only really for chips, you couldn't do homemade onion rings in it, or anything similiar in batter as you'd end up with a big cake. So think about what you want a fryer for. Would it be just for chips, or do you think you'd want to occasionally want a fryer for other things. HTH.

Advertisement