Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

obd questions

Options
  • 16-11-2008 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

i was wondering if any one had advice

i am looking at buying a obd for my car and software package too off ebay. i have a 00 320d and was going to use the obd for two things. to reset the airbag sensor and was going to rechip it

first of all has anybody had an experence with using one of these. some software packages let you read and then save the original erpom code so it any thing happens you get just go back to default.

and secondly can anyone recomend a software package or a good place to buy it

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

As far as chipping it goes, there's a reason there are professionals out there. Wouldn't be something i would go playing with myself unless i knew exactly what i was doing. Shouldn't cost too much to get an air bag light off, although there's chances it'll come back on. I'd be more worried about finding the reason why it's on, unless you know that already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 norris

the air bag came on when i had to fix the window motor. not really worried about that. got a quote of 350 euro off a place to chip it. thought that was a bit too much to be honest

Advertisement