Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns Seized on Dunmore Road

• 16-11-2008 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭

At least 3 shotguns and a substantial amount of ammunition were seized on the Dunmore Road today about half 3 on the Dunmore side of the roundabout at the Brasscock Shopping Centre.

Gardaí and members of the special branch were involved in stopping and arresting the occupants of 2 vans heading towards the city centre.

It appeared the special branch were following the van and support came from guards coming from the City Centre.

:eek:

Nothing on the news as of yet, anyone else around the place at that time that saw more?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can't imagine what any of that lot could be related to, so I won't say! ;)

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

it could be disgruntled plumbers?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mike65 wrote: »
    Can't imagine what any of that lot could be related to, so I won't say! ;)

Mike

Good boy. ;)

Now folks until its actually publicly confirmed in the press or something similar don't point the blame at anybody, group, race, type, or whatever. If it is, link to the source.

Back on topic...

What is the law with weapons these days? Can you have a licence or whatever? If so, wonder could these folks get away with it in the end..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

i can't imagine either mike. does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

left scratching my head here :confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shut it!

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Something that I've seen thats quite odd is the use of the term race and racist for Irish people that are... being bold.

'They' are not a different race.

Regardless of their 'background', Guns in a van should = singing songs in the clink for a few years. None of this DPP file poo that kicks in too often.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Trotter wrote: »
    Something that I've seen thats quite odd is the use of the term race and racist for Irish people that are... being bold.

'They' are not a different race.

I know. I said it above to cover the main angles so I dont get a smart arse saying "I never mentioned X I said Y - you never said I couldnt blame Y". Yes, it does happen. :rolleyes:
    Regardless of their 'background', Guns in a van should = singing songs in the clink for a few years. None of this DPP file poo that kicks in too often.

Apparently the courts in Waterford have been very easy going against a range of different type of criminals, much to the displease of the Gardai. Rumour has it a new judge may be coming so perhaps, though unlikely, things will change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Sully wrote: »
    I know. I said it above to cover the main angles so I dont get a smart arse saying "I never mentioned X I said Y - you never said I couldnt blame Y". Yes, it does happen. :rolleyes:

Apparently the courts in Waterford have been very easy going against a range of different type of criminals, much to the displease of the Gardai. Rumour has it a new judge may be coming so perhaps, though unlikely, things will change.

Hope this will be true, Because as long as we have a revolving door on the courthouse nothing is going to improve. In Fact it will just keep going down hill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

there is still no offical word that Waterford is getting a permanent judge, the curent judge is not permanent here in waterford.

I still haven't seen any reports of any guns been found,
    any further updates on this or links????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

disgruntled plumbers

LOL Epic,

Anyway, I could rant away about this incoherently for the next few min but i'm going to donate my time to thinking happy thoughts.

Surely it wont be a serious charge unless the Guards can find intent

ziedth wrote: »
    LOL Epic,

Anyway, I could rant away about this incoherently for the next few min but i'm going to donate my time to thinking happy thoughts.

Surely it wont be a serious charge unless the Guards can find intent

ahh these plumbers and their guns...not a nice bunch by the sounds of it... mind you just cause a few plumbers are involved doesn't mean we should tar all other plumbers with the same brush....

still nothing in the media about this.... are we sure this even happened...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

robtri wrote: »
    still nothing in the media about this.... are we sure this even happened...

Apart from be being there i'm afraid you've nothing at all to back it up. Never surprises me when things like this aren't reported. Was the woodlands bomb even in the media?

Hopefully someone else can comment on it just so ye know i'm not going crazy!

Apart from be being there i'm afraid you've nothing at all to back it up. Never surprises me when things like this aren't reported. Was the woodlands bomb even in the media?

Probably not considered news worthy - might be a daily occurance elsewhere. Probably expect to see it in local press this week though.

sorry didn't realise you where a witness to this, just thought it was second hand talk...
    it doesn't surprise me too much if not in the media, but I would have expected something considering the history in relation tot he feud in the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I heard it on beat fm yesterday, your not crazy yet,

Advertisement