Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NO SOUND ON VIDEO

Options
  • 16-11-2008 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi I am trying to make a dvd of videos my sis in law took, she must've had it on some weird setting because I can only see video on wmp or real player and can only hear the soundtrack when played thru quick time. The problem is I dont know how to get the full video and sound exported using any of the dvd programs i have which are Anvsoft, windows movie maker and Movavi.
    I've tried countless video conversions in movavi too all to no avail. I've never had this problem before with any other video. Can anyone help I'd love to have it done for her for xmas. Thanx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

troybadoo wrote: »
    Hi I am trying to make a dvd of videos my sis in law took, she must've had it on some weird setting because I can only see video on wmp or real player and can only hear the soundtrack when played thru quick time. The problem is I dont know how to get the full video and sound exported using any of the dvd programs i have which are Anvsoft, windows movie maker and Movavi.
    I've tried countless video conversions in movavi too all to no avail. I've never had this problem before with any other video. Can anyone help I'd love to have it done for her for xmas. Thanx.
    What format was the movie captured? It could be that your just missing the drivers in wmp for the sound track thing. Sounds like the movie and sound were captured but are missing essential codecs to play the sound track.

Try downloading AC3 filter and see if that works for the wmp: http://ac3filter.net/

If your attempting the quicktime thing I'd forget it for awhile as there is an issue between quicktime and vista, If your determined to fix it then try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Umn2mqUN0M

Try that for the quicktime issue.

As for converting your stuff to dvd after all this then I'd reccomend 'convertxtodvd' which should convert most files to a format on a dvd which should play on most players. Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Das Ice

Use Format Factory to convert to DVD. Its v.good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Its a codec issue.
    Download and install the K-Lite Codec pack and you'll be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 troybadoo

Guys thanx for the suggestions, I did think it was a codec issue myself but after installing all suggested nothing worked.
    Just to make sure, I dont need any program or help creating a dvd, ive loads of programs that can do that with any and all videos in all formats. My problem is her videos, whatever way she took them I can only watch and hear audio in quicktime, in any other player all i can do is see the video and no audio. This is also the case after ive converted and finalised the dvd ie full video, no audio.
    I still am convinced myself as some of you have said that its a codec issue but does anyone know specifically which one would allow full video and audio in quicktime and only video on anything else?
    Or failing that, does anyone know how to burn from quicktime without spending dosh on anything?
    Thanx so much again

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

I still am convinced myself as some of you have said that its a codec issue but does anyone know specifically which one would allow full video and audio in quicktime and only video on anything else?
    Or failing that, does anyone know how to burn from quicktime without spending dosh on anything?
    Thanx so much again

Ok first off, what file format are the videos that you got from your sister? mpeg, avi, mov...?
    Or what type if camera were they shot on? camcorder, phone, digital camera?

One last thing, open one of the clips in quicktime again and under one of the menu items (it's under window on the mac) there should be an option to 'Show movie inspector and show movie properties' click on one of those and it should then tell you what video and audio codec the videos are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Guys thanx for the suggestions, I did think it was a codec issue myself but after installing all suggested nothing worked.
    Just to make sure, I dont need any program or help creating a dvd, ive loads of programs that can do that with any and all videos in all formats. My problem is her videos, whatever way she took them I can only watch and hear audio in quicktime, in any other player all i can do is see the video and no audio. This is also the case after ive converted and finalised the dvd ie full video, no audio.
    Thanx so much again

Have you tried playing the clip with VLC player, as that plays practically everything as it has the codecs built in.
    Then you can export to other formats within the player.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 troybadoo

Hey guys between u all I have managed to do it!!
    I think it was the full codec package I downloaded and to make sure to tick a few extra boxes than default that caused it!
    I wish to thank all of you very much as I am currently publishing my sis in law's dvd for xmas and its only the 3rd of Dec!
    None of this would have happened of corse if she hadnt fooled around with whatever settings she did do, as I never had this problem before.
    But if anyone ever has a similar problem please refer to me, or of corse all the brilliant guys above who helped me get to the perfect final product!
    I just wish to thank all the above big time and hope u all have a graet xmas, thank u all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Well done for working it out I'm sure your sis will be delighted. Glad to hear that advice here helped.

Advertisement