Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't want to do it anymore :(

Options
  • 16-11-2008 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭

hey guys...

school has really got into me these days, i don't know what happend to me, i started to get really worried..i don't think i 've done enuff work...and i feel so guilty for not doing myself..i believed in myself at the start, i told myself i would be ok, and i will get thu 6th yr, i was gonna do my best so i won't regret, but this is harder than what i thought...=(

every teacher is counting down to xmas then to the pres....it seems like i have got so much work to do...and i will never get it done =..( and i will probably never gonna get applied maths, i kept it on because i want to prove to myself that i could do it, maybe i was wrong ...

* tears **
    i am sorry guys this prob sounded so stupid...errr..*sigh*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Aw, so many of my friends are feeling like that at the moment, I think morale gets really low around now when you're well into 6th year and time keeps slipping away. What kind of points are you looking at?

To keep track of your study you could get a piece of paper and make a table like this:

Subject Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
    Irish X
    English X X
    Maths X X
    French X X
    Biology X X X

Ack ok that table didn't come out how I wrote it, but I think you get the general gist!

Anyway you can use it to keep track off all the study you've done during the week. On Sunday night you'll probasbly be very surprised at how much you've actually covered!

When I start to lose motivation and think "what's the point?" I dig out the prospectus for Trinity and read over the course description for medicine, that reminds me of how much I want to do it and really gets me going again. If you've a course in mind try to do the same and look at the college prospectus and you'll probably feel more encouraged.

Hope this helps and you can spur yourself on, we're all in the same boat and know how you're feeling, but it'll all be over in a few months time and you'll be free to enjoy yourself and looking forward to doing your dream course in college!

I'm pretty sure an awful lot of people are feeling like you are feeling now. Everybody starts off with great intentions, but they slowly fade in most people (including me).

I'm a repeat student this year, and I know what it feels like to have that foreboding feeling looming over you, but trust me, there really is plenty of time left. You really don't want to repeat, just picture yourself back in your school next year doing it all over again. That should be motivation enough to work. Start now, and do a few hours a night, nothing crazy; and as the time to the leaving cert diminishes, increase the momentum.

But there really is lots of time left if you start now; but it really really does need to be now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Its unbelievable how much I wanna get out of school right now, but then again, I was in TCD on Wednesday on a school trip and was like FÚCK I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS.

Even just seeing the inside of buildings I hadnt been in before, like the Arts/Orts block, even the 5th floor excited me mildly. Room we were upstairs to see was in use though. College life just seems so much more fun than 2nd level and its kinda fustrating thinking im so close but at the same time so far away from it.

At the same time, no matter how much I want to get into the college I want nothing really seems to motivate me. Doin anything to get out of school, SC meetings, Open Days! anything.

Exams in less than a month :S

Mocks about 2 after that.

Not gonna be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Course its hard its meant to be and its a real test of your character, you ll never do a more challenging exam in your life but hey look at it this way if you but the work you ll be fine.

But make sure that it doesnt consume your life, get the balance right pick a day of the week and say this is my day off away from the books and relax. Then do the work the every other day, you ll appreciate that day so much as a brake.

Everyone's in the same boat dont forget i doubt there's many people thrilled about doing this exam but hey this is life and f*ck it if it means putting in the hard graff and really testing your resolve and character then so be it, it ll be worth it so much come next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I'm getting so much homework I don't have time to study, I literally spent all weekend doing homework, where am I supposed to find the time to learn?? :(:(:( I know that doing Exam questions is helpful but Irish poems and French verbs and so on aren't going to learn themselves!! Ugh I don't know what to do....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Stev_o wrote: »
    But make sure that it doesnt consume your life, get the balance right pick a day of the week and say this is my day off away from the books and relax. Then do the work the every other day, you ll appreciate that day so much as a brake.

+1. Don't give up things/hobbies you love, because of the LC, maybe cut back a bit if you're spending loads and loads of time on whatever it is, but don't give up.

It's very hard to motivate yourself constantly, but everybody is pretty much in the same boat. I know my life has turned into a time-bomb, all the teachers always saying only ___ amount of weeks til such and such and then you've got ____ in so many weeks. It always sounds like no time at all, but if you do even a little bit of wrok extra each night, it builds up, and you actually know a lot more than you think you do! Honestly, when you'll be surprised at what you remember when you're really pushed.

Make a timetable and stick to it as much as possible. I know, I know, teachers are always saying it, and you're like whatever, effort, but if you're feeling a bit lost and out of your own depth, it will probably focus you somewhat :)

Just keep trucking away, you've got this far, and think of next year when its all over and you're doing something you love... Thats all thats keeping me going! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

In the same boat, with my exams starting today it just was like a big kick in the oul trollock. Fecking have the man flu atm for the last week, piles of homework last week, then my beloved Shels draw there last game of the season (Limerick scored in the 92 minute) and now Shels miss out on promotion by 1 point, yeterday I realised I had my Christmas Exams starting today with Physics to start me off and then Irish (how fecking great).

*Rant over*

Man do I love school, exams and the highs and lows of everything.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

Thanks Very much everyone, I am feeling much much better these days, thanks guys!!....i have the same problem with getting hw done and revison...i started my study timetable ..
    Piste wrote: »
    Aw, so many of my friends are feeling like that at the moment, I think morale gets really low around now when you're well into 6th year and time keeps slipping away. What kind of points are you looking at?

aww thank Piste, i took ur advice =)
    i am looking at 500+ well, i am looking at this new course in TCD, i don't even know how many pts do i need but i would think of 560ish.. and 520 in UCD..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yeah they're pretty high points, I'm so jealous of my friends who are only aiming for low-ish points for their course so just take days off when they feel like it. I hate the realisation every so often that I'm going to have to study even the stuff I hate :(

Advertisement