Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy Xbox 360 with 20gb HD?

• 16-11-2008 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi folks,

I'm looking as mad to buy a xbox 360 premium/pro with 20gb hard drive (the old models) to flash it.
    Does anyone knows where I can find?
    I tried in 3 Tescos, Gamestop, Game and Xtra-vision and I couldn't find.

Cheers guys!

Comments

Any 360 Manufactured after april 08 will be a lite-on no matter what model.

Best bet is getting a second hand on from gamestop.

Lot number 0816 on are lite ons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I saw a hand written sign in Zavvi in Liffey Valley a few weeks ago offering their last 20 gig 360 for €200. Like cisk said, your best bet might be second hand at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Dunnes in the Square, Tallaght had a big stock of the 20gigs there a week or so ago, €180 as far as i can remember. i was gonna pick up a few for presents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭blobert

I was in Dunnes on Henry St and they seemed to all be Lot 0819 and later.

If anyone knows where to get slightly older ones let me know, should have picked up one of the Tesco ones a few weeks ago.

Ideally I'm looking for a 20GB one that has HDMI but is moddable, am guessing this is going to be hard to find?

Will all models before Lot 0814 be likely to have the right kind of drive?

If anyone knows where I can find one of these I'd appreciate it.

Is it possible to get a flashable one with HDMI output or are they all the newer drives?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

I got an Arcade model 3 weeks ago. BenQ and flashed it. Got it in Argos.
    I wouldn't bother looking for a 20gig version. New one anyway. And avoid the 60gig if you want to flash it.
    Chance the arcade and by the HDD separately. Buying a second hand 360 for a shop you'll probably find its flashed already but banned from live. The amount of people that traded 360's when banned must be high.

Thanks for the reply.

What Argos did you get it in?

What was the Lot number?

I wonder would they let me have a look at the box before buying it to see if it's the right one?

Thanks

In Limerick. Not sure of the lot number. At work at the moment. Carefull with Argos though. They won't let you return anything to do with gaming once opened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Pc World have them for €150, and they were manufactured well before april 08. Hope this helps!

What model Arcade or premium? Thats the cheapest about I'd say. Argos are 169 and I got a 10 euro gift card with it for Agros.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

ROC1977 wrote: »
    What model Arcade or premium? Argos are 169 and I got a 10 euro gift card with it for Agros.

It's the premium console.

Hello again, what PC World did you see these in?

Went to the one in Jervis St but it's small and does not sell Consoles.

Sounds ideal for what I'm looking for.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Been looking to buy a non-liteon one myself, anyone with definitive info on stores with lot 0816 and earlier xboxes in stock. Tried PC World in Liffey Valley, and all the game shops are getting quite busy so there's not much scope for the staff to spend 5 minutes checking their stock.

Apart from Dunnes who has the actual boxes (so that you can see Lot no) out on shelves that might me worth checking out?

I tried ringing PC World in Blanchardstown, they said they had none of these left, all sold out.

The Dunnes on Henry St only has 1 on display, Lot 0819, so I'm guessing you would have to get someone to go check for you.

Any further advice would be much appreciated.

Went to Dunnes in Talaght, they had load of the 20Gb ones mostly lot 0823 a few 0819 at the back, neither of any use for flashing. Spent ages going through them.

Any other ideas of where to try, I think I'm fighting a loosing battle.

Advertisement