Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When will google update Google Earth, Ireland?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

delly wrote: »
    Todays the day people. At last!!!

I know I can't wait - but what time?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭blank_screen

an excellent post about Google Earth Imagery, it's worth reading to gain an understanding about the process of moving imagery from satellites to your computer
    http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archives/2009/03/about_google_earth_imagery_1.html

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

delly wrote: »
    Todays the day people. At last!!!

Whats supposed to happed today Delly?
    I did get a software updat when I ran GE this afternoon. But I don't see anything much new,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Streetview for Ireland is gone live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Just found my aunt and cousin on it. Detail and quality of images is top notch.

EDIT: Found my car too. I don't know why but it makes me happy!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Very good. Looking at my own address the images are around 2 years old.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Oh wow it's brilliant! A bit hard to navigate around, in my opinion, but that could be because I'm using a netbook - I'll be able to use a full sized PC tomorrow. The images are great, even my tiny country street is imaged. The images are old enough but I cannot guess when they were taken though!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

koolkid wrote: »
    Whats supposed to happed today Delly?
    I did get a software updat when I ran GE this afternoon. But I don't see anything much new,
    Just found my aunt and cousin on it. Detail and quality of images is top notch.

EDIT: Found my car too. I don't know why but it makes me happy!!

Yeah, sorry, I had about two minutes to post something via my mobile so had to condense it.

Of the 3 times I saw the google car, it captured me leaving my estate which I posted about in April '09. I feel special :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

I've noticed Google earth have released new imagery for ireland for the following areas:

Dublin, Cork, Portaloise, Mullingar and Carrigmacross

Here's a kml link to see what areas were updated :

http://mw1.google.com/mw-earth-vectordb/Imagery_Updates/imagery_updates.kml

• Advertisement

They are still driving around. Have seen them out & about yesterday & today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

IrlJidel wrote: »
    I've noticed Google earth have released new imagery for ireland for the following areas:

Dublin, Cork, Portaloise, Mullingar and Carrigmacross

Here's a kml link to see what areas were updated :

http://mw1.google.com/mw-earth-vectordb/Imagery_Updates/imagery_updates.kml

Satellite Imagery or Street view. Satellite imagery is the same for Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

Hogzy wrote: »
    Satellite Imagery or Street view. Satellite imagery is the same for Cork.

Satellite Imagery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

IrlJidel wrote: »
    Satellite Imagery

Its not updated at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭nikon1000

New aerial imagery of Ireland added to Google Earth this week.

Ireland: Athlone, Drogheda, Dundalk, Enniscorthy, Galway, Limerick, Monaghan, Tralee, Waterford

From: http://google-latlong.blogspot.com/2010/11/imagery-update-week-of-november-1st.html

Had a quick look there myself at Galway, good to see that Eyre Square no longer looks like a building site!

Advertisement