Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Shopping Centre on Airport Road

• 16-11-2008 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

anybody got any recent news on it, especially in reference to M&S?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Never even knew one was being constructed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I know that a while back there was plans for one, but not heard anything since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Do you mean that retail park by the six cross roads maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

ziedth wrote: »
    Do you mean that retail park by the six cross roads maybe?

No, I know the one that the OP is referring to. I think it was called First City Quarter or something like that. I think a quick Google search should find something about it.

It's earmarked for the playing fields on the left-hand side of the Airport Road on the way out of town, just before the Outer Ring. There was word that M&S were looking to set up there because of delays with the Newgate Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭durrus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭JLemmon

M&S opening in clonmel soon, not sure the scope of the store but hey it's better then nothing.
    I heard they went to clonmel because waterford couldn't get there act together & they got sick of waiting, not sure of that info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

JLemmon wrote: »
    M&S opening in clonmel soon, not sure the scope of the store but hey it's better then nothing.
    I heard they went to clonmel because waterford couldn't get there act together & they got sick of waiting, not sure of that info.

Whereabouts in Clonmel? In the town or somewhere on the bypass?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

durrus wrote: »

Wow, they're really pushing for M&S on that site.

I think I have seen something about this before, but I'm not sure. The picture shows a fairly tall part of the building and I seem to remember something about the airport having concerns about the height of a development out there.

Advertisement