Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Small Issues

Options
  • 17-11-2008 12:14am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭

Don't know if it's the same for anyone else but for the last hour I have been getting Database Errors, but only on forums. I could see the homepage, do a search, look at my profile etc but not enter a forum without getting an error.

I could even link into posts from the homepage but couldn't then go back into the forum it was posted in. This is the first chance I had to start a new post.

I know Tallie was having the same problem as he's sitting beside me.

My other little not very important just a little irritating thing, is that when I use the filter for private forums, I get After Hours as one of my private forums. I believe that this might happen if you get banned and reinstated somewhere, but to the best of my knowledge I have never been banned from After Hours, or anywhere for that matter.

Anyway if someone could shed light on this it would be just wonderful. :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Same. Its on/off for me.

Might aswell get this reply in before it happens again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Is there a fix for previously banned fora being marked as private?

Who fixes it? the mod who banned you or CuLT?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

It's the same for me.
    The only way I can view AH is to click on REC and enter from there.:)
    If I just click on AH I encounter DataBase Error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Im having the same problem

• Moderators Posts: 51,798 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Don't know if it's the same for anyone else but for the last hour I have been getting Database Errors, but only on forums. I could see the homepage, do a search, look at my profile etc but not enter a forum without getting an error.

I could even link into posts from the homepage but couldn't then go back into the forum it was posted in. This is the first chance I had to start a new post.

I know Tallie was having the same problem as he's sitting beside me.

My other little not very important just a little irritating thing, is that when I use the filter for private forums, I get After Hours as one of my private forums. I believe that this might happen if you get banned and reinstated somewhere, but to the best of my knowledge I have never been banned from After Hours, or anywhere for that matter.

Anyway if someone could shed light on this it would be just wonderful. :)
    Lots of people are getting the forum database error.
    According to the thread I've posted the link for, the underlying system has been altered.

Thread for reporting the database errors,
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054921080

Don't know anything about your 2nd issue.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

This happened a few days ago when Dudess got deleted.
    MySQL Error   : Table 'user' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
    Error Number  : 1194

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

No problems accessing any forums so far. I think I might be able to sort out the private forum thingey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

No.

Its a vbulletin error. When you see vbulletin up in your address bar, it means your actually on the forums. Therefore, if you get a vbulletin database error, its because the vbulletin has made a mistake or something. But boards.ie itself is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

lots of database errors, it's been happening way too frequently, I can't complain too loudly as I post on here for free but can only imagine the frustration felt by people who actually stump up cash to subscribe to the forum, at the mo I can only get into threads from the home page which aren't the ones I want to read, it's taken me two attempts to get to reply to this thread

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

@tSubh - Can you see if After Hours is still showing up when you filter for private forums, please.

Any one having a problem accessing forums, you can still use google to search for the threads you want. Apparently using the archive (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/index.php) works as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mud wrote: »
    but can only imagine the frustration felt by people who actually stump up cash to subscribe to the forum,

They are the same as you.. they dont have any extra rights in terms of uptime or how they are treated. Just because they donate cash to help Boards, does not mean they have any "rights" as such :) You could always throw a few euro to say Thanks tho.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

@tSubh - Can you see if After Hours is still showing up when you filter for private forums, please.

Any one having a problem accessing forums, you can still use google to search for the threads you want. Apparently using the archive (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/index.php) works as well.
    Thanks AC that worked. Did you use the Clear Permissions option out of interest?

Koth; thanks for that link, I'd forgotten all about the Development forum as I would rarely look in there.

Thanks AC that worked. Did you use the Clear Permissions option out of interest?

No bother. Yeah all I had to do was clear your permissions.*

*Is it just the nerd in me that finds that kinda dirty?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Sully wrote: »
    They are the same as you.. they dont have any extra rights in terms of uptime or how they are treated. Just because they donate cash to help Boards, does not mean they have any "rights" as such :) You could always throw a few euro to say Thanks tho.

Hi Sully,
    I really wasn't talking about 'rights' as such, I meant that some users have given money to support the website which is fine for them but it must be frustrating when the site doesn't work as normal, just seems to be database errors a lot recently, and I can't 'throw a few euro' unfortunately for boards

Advertisement