Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Server Certifications

Options
  • 17-11-2008 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I've been looking at the HP certifications in particular "ASE – HP ProLiant ML/DL Servers [2007]" to start with.

I want to self study but I was just wondering can this actually be done?

Any feedback appreciated.

iRock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Im in the same boat as the OP.
    Boss wants me to research these exams and see if there is a course, or some sort of online tuition. Cant find much info about them on the web, only that they used to be open booked, but arent anymore. Anyone out there with any info??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Any googling I did on the subject resulted in braindump sites (don't get me wrong - those who have read my previous posts here on boards will know how I feel about them).

I did however come across some of the HP simulators for preparation for such certifications.... I have them buried somewhere on my server/external HD I'll have to hunt them down as that was more than a month ago now (if you are interested that is).

Apart from that I think hands on experience can get you through this - from what I've heard its more of a HP advertisement but I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭allybhoy

iRock wrote: »
    Any googling I did on the subject resulted in braindump sites (don't get me wrong - those who have read my previous posts here on boards will know how I feel about them).

I did however come across some of the HP simulators for preparation for such certifications.... I have them buried somewhere on my server/external HD I'll have to hunt them down as that was more than a month ago now (if you are interested that is).

Apart from that I think hands on experience can get you through this - from what I've heard its more of a HP advertisement but I don't know.

Yeh same here can only find dumps. A mate of mine used to work in HP in (Clonshaugh i think)years ago, I asked him about it and he said he thinks they sent him on an internal HP course, he said it wasnt the most difficult exam ever and there were a lot of vendor specific questions about proliant models, like how many PCI slots does a DL385G2 have etc etc.

If you had the official HP simulators that would be a great start, rather do them than dump my way through them to be honest. Im going to do a bit more research anyways and anything i find ill post up here.

UPDATE:-
    Just got a reply from my mate..

I will look it up for you its a while since I sat this. As far as I remember there are 'Tracks' where you have to complete a number of Exams with a general Server prerequesite, the Comptia Server plus exam. You can do the HP courses in advance of completing this course and exam, providing you commonly work on HP Proliant Servers, but to get the accreditation you must complete the Server +exam.

Ive asked him to send on any links or info he finds so once he does ill post em up here....

Advertisement