Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any late bars next Tue night?

Options
  • 17-11-2008 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭

There are a few of us staying in town next Tue for the night after the rugby. We were wondering are there late opening bars midweek in town?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Mollys and Mojo are late bars.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Molly's have been known to put on a door-charge on nights where there's a risk of trouble, but I'm guessing they'll be open anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

All bars in Limerick city are open until 12.30am as the District Court granted a general exemption for the All Blacks match. Regarding individual bars, I know that Flannerys (the big one) is open until 2.30am as they had it splashed across their ginormous screen on Sat night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

OK, thanks lads, looks like Flannerys will be the spot for us!
    Aren't there 2 Flannerys though?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

There's about 5 of them in town but the main two are Jerry Flannerys on Catherine Street which you should drop into for a few pints after the game. Its a great spot but come 11pm you'll want to make your way to Denmark Street where the big Flannerys is (the late bar one). Great smoking area if you're into that and it will be busy after the game. Hope you enjoy your night in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yes but you should be looking for the Flannerys on Denmark Street. From the McDonalds head up the pedestrian street to the T-section at the top. Turn left and then right. You will have a choice of 3 bars here.

Smyths bar. Big Superpub, very busy and does ok food.

Nancy Blakes is here but not a rugby pub as such.

Flannerys is just up from there. Good food, good smoking area, good staff. My friend is the boss so I will always think the place is well run until he does not give me a free drink. LOL :D

There's about 5 of them in town but the main two are Jerry Flannerys on Catherine Street which you should drop into for a few pints after the game. Its a great spot but come 11pm you'll want to make your way to Denmark Street where the big Flannerys is (the late bar one). Great smoking area if you're into that and it will be busy after the game. Hope you enjoy your night in Limerick.

I watched the Munster final in the Flannerys Denmark Street. The atmosphere was electric. It was soo damn hot in there. Too many people and some with obvious anal gas issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

people with obvious anal gas issues.
    Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

.......you'll want to make your way to Denmark Street where the big Flannerys is (the late bar one)........

Am i missing something here???? Last week was in Flannerys in Denmark street for the first time and thought to myself isnt this a nice cosy little pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Am i missing something here???? Last week was in Flannerys in Denmark street for the first time and thought to myself isnt this a nice cosy little pub.

There are two Flannerys Pubs on Denmark St, one at the top (big one) and one at the bottom (smaller one). They are all owned by the same family (brothers) to my knowledge. You were probably in the one at the bottom of Denmark Street, just around the corner from Patrick Street. The smaller one is more of a traditional style pub where as the one up past Nancy's and Icon is more of a modern super pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

That clears that up. think I'll stick to the small one the next time I'm going for a pint in Flannerys on Denmark street then.

That clears that up. think I'll stick to the small one the next time I'm going for a pint in Flannerys on Denmark street then.

That must be made of of paper of something. I drove down on day and there was no building and suddenly there was a 5 story building.

Those foreign lads again. Sheesh!!

Advertisement