Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apparently the following places are closing down

Options
  • 17-11-2008 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I've heard rumors over the past week or so that Sasha, Carrig Don, ALDI (when the new one opens) Atlantic Homecare, Halfords and Heatons are all closing down.

Anyone else hear anything or is it just the general public hitting there panic button ?

To be honest I wouldn't miss any of the above places if the closed and would be quite happy to see that back of a few of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

I've heard rumors over the past week or so that Sasha, Carrig Don, ALDI (when the new one opens) Atlantic Homecare, Halfords and Heatons are all closing down.

Anyone else hear anything or is it just the general public hitting there panic button ?

To be honest I wouldn't miss any of the above places if the closed and would be quite happy to see that back of a few of them.

I've heard about Sasha and Carrig Donn, But i personally dont believe any of it. Atlantic is always packed, and you really cant go onto the main street without seeing 10 Heatons bags within 5 meters.

And personally i wouldnt be happy if any of them closed down, granted i dont shop in sasha or carrig donn, but its another empty unit on the main street and more importantly its about 30 people out of a job, does that make you happy?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Why would you be happy to see the back of business ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sam_mom1

i heard Sashas and Heatons where closing... Sashas hasnt been great for a long time, since they put the teenage 'clothes' down stairs...
    id be very surprised if Heatons closed though, where the hell would i buy me kitchen things and me cushions then!!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

Seriously doubt the that aldi will close it wouldnt make any sense if they did. why spend money on building a store just to spend more money building another one to close the first one down. To be then left with a property they wont be able to sell in this market. So id say its a safe bet that they wont be closing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sharnahw

I have worked in heatons fofr years now and I promise that we are definatly not closing down, and to the best of my knowledge it is rubbish about atlantic too......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

sharnahw wrote: »
    I have worked in heatons fofr years now and I promise that we are definatly not closing down, and to the best of my knowledge it is rubbish about atlantic too......

If anything in the current recession the likes of Heatons and Aldi will do better aas people try to economise. Heatons is a great value store.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭ArthurGuinness

You never know whos safe anymore look at Woolworths and MFI in England

Advertisement