Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Conference standings

• 17-11-2008 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭

How exactly do the conference standings work? I thought the fact the Colts beat New England and Baltimore would put them in 5th. But they're still 7th. What gives?

link

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

davyjose wrote: »
    How exactly do the conference standings work? I thought the fact the Colts beat New England and Baltimore would put them in 5th. But they're still 7th. What gives?

link

That mighty big table means absolutely nothing. Its done on Games won and lost and PF and PA. For the Playoffs right now the Colts are sitting in the wildcard spot because the beat the Pats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

That mighty big table means absolutely nothing. Its done on Games won and lost and PF and PA.

Not so. The table has the Broncos (6-4) 4th, with -23 pts diff, ahead of the Colts (6-4, 0 pts diff) and Ravens (6-4, 42 pts diff).

Denver are a divisional leader, so they take the 4th spot. The other spots are based on the tie-break procedure.

Davy, when did you look at the table. Colts are 5th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Not so. The table has the Broncos (6-4) 4th, with -23 pts diff, ahead of the Colts (6-4, 0 pts diff) and Ravens (6-4, 42 pts diff).

Denver are a divisional leader, so they take the 4th spot. The other spots are based on the tie-break procedure.

That overall table still is useless anyways best using the individual conference standings and then when the playoff seeds one is made towards end of season. It was off last night as it had the titans at 9-0 they might have been in the middle of adjusting it or not getting around to it. The overall table gives you an idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

That overall table still is useless anyways best using the individual conference standings...

I assumed Davy was looking at the conference standings.

Good to see the Pack are #4 seed in the NFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Pherekydes wrote: »

Ah, my bad. Checked it right after the Cowboy's/ Skin's games. But it had updated all the details, which is what confused me.

How does it break down anyway, supposing there was no head-head?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

davyjose wrote: »
    Ah, my bad. Checked it right after the Cowboy's/ Skin's games. But it had updated all the details, which is what confused me.

How does it break down anyway, supposing there was no head-head?

I think it goes by division record, then conference record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭faulk28

I think it goes by division record, then conference record.
    I was wondering.

Advertisement