Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New XBL - Sub?

• 17-11-2008 11:59am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just got an email from XBL saying the new XBL will be laucnhed onthe 19th and it says it wont cost a penny.

Will XBL be free fro the 19th onwards?

What happens to the sub I already paid?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It just upgrades the UI. The upgrade is free for everyone. You still have to pay your annual sub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

The new update is free but I don't think Live is becoming free. The mail I got from them mentions nothing of the sub.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The way its phrased in the email suggested to me that XBL was now free. Oh well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

No. The NXE update is free to download. There's nothing about Xbox Live being free. Really looking forward to the update though!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Sorry for piggybacking this thread, but quick question on xbl. It says you get a month free of gold when you sign up but im still showing silver? Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

GBX wrote: »
    Sorry for piggybacking this thread, but quick question on xbl. It says you get a month free of gold when you sign up but im still showing silver? Any ideas?
    Did you sign up from your console, or from the XBox Live website? ... To get the free month, you need to create your Gamertag from the console.

Advertisement