Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gears Of War 2 Horde

• 17-11-2008 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone has played the Horde multiplayer mode?

Has anyone completed it.. me and my 2 mates(and 2 onliners) managed to get to Horde 34 yesterday, but that's the furthest we got.

Has anyone else gotten any further? if so what happens and what map?

ours was on security so was handy enough to hold them off, but still gets tough

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

A few of us have made it to 50 on casual a couple of times and 27 on normal the one time we tried. I found river to be a good map if everyone stays in one of the two-storey houses. Staying together is vital for revives. Anyone who strays off goes at their own risk. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Think I managed to get as far as the low 20's in the house where you each have a pillar to hide behind, well one person gets the chest of draws until that falls apart. You do need to be sensible about it though, going off looking for the locust is just trouble although having one person dead can also be handy if they then tell the rest of you where the next baddie is about to appear from.

Looks like some lads have beaten it on Insane and put up a pic to prove it. I dread to think wat the last couple of waves were like. :O

http://www.gearheadsofwar.com/story/2008/11/16/162212/76

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Its a great mode but its hard to get a good team going,usually people who score the most in the first ten waves are dead by wave 20,its gotten to the point where i tell people if they die in the middle of the map after wave 10i aint coming to revive them.Some guys just run in get killed straight away no matter how many times you tell them .Best map for it is day 1 i think.There's also a map in a warehouse with a small section outside where its raining ,i think its called staysis thats pretty sweet,highest iv got is 26 on normal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭mickyt

Yeh, I think day 1 is the best for it aswell. Security if you stay behind the electric fenses aswell can be quite good..

There is alwasy at leasat 3 mates that play, but the two other lads usually don't chat, but once they know the score, were happy enough.

We just do the public xbox live one, we don't actually select a level or hardness, so I persume thats on Normal then would it?

It's just so frustrating, cause it involves a good hour or two of your time, to get into the 30's so when you die, its hard to get motivated for another stint.

• Advertisement

RAIN wrote: »
    its gotten to the point where i tell people if they die in the middle of the map after wave 10i aint coming to revive them.

Damn straight. Rambos dont last long on Horde. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

Its the Amercians they have if F$%ked all ready. Day it game out, just UK and Ireland players. Was getting up around the mid 20's all the time. Then every room since with Americans all they do is think get as many kills as possible. Because thats all the do in all the other modes. When its meant to be a team game. In horde you need players to hold the left side while another couple watch the right side. So what if the right side gets more kills in a wave. The next wave the left will probably get more kills. Plus on top of that the score thats uploaded to the leaderboards is the total team score.

Anyone found it hard to connect to a game. Was alright sometimes, last night couldn't connect to any multiplayer game. Just kept searching?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 November One

Made it to 39 once but one of the guys left after we died and the group fell apart. River is definately the best map in my experience. A sniper and torque bow rotate spawn in the house and you have a complete view of the entire map to headshot the small guys and torque the big feckers while the rest of your team stay outside dealing with the rest, ready to fall back when (not if) the **** hits the fan.
    It worked really well for us and we were getting raped on other maps.

Was wondering if you have to get to 50 without a single wipe in order to get the achievement?

No you can get it in different sessions. One lad that joined in with us from 35 to 50 went back to do 1 to 35 to get the cheev.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Got to level 37 on normal with two lads last night, only to be chainsawed by a friggin locust in the end - I thought we were going to get to 50 and everything! I think Day One is the best map for horde. You can hide up on the stairwells, cover the walls in grenades and block the stairs with shields, which stops boomers and grinders from getting up to you. We kept one locust alive at the end of each horde so we could go collect ammo before running back up the stairs, taking him out and then getting ready for the next level. Cant imagine what it's like on Insane lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

bucks73 wrote: »
    the cheev.

lol

Yea I found 1 - 6 20 - 26 30 - 36 and so on was pretty easy it was the last few of every ten was hard. Saying this we did it on casual. We tried wave 50 on insane... Ultimate fail.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

:D

Yeah there definitely was a noticeable difference when it went to 7, 17, 27 etc.

Advertisement