Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Cup Final

• 17-11-2008 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

FAI FORD CUP FINAL
    BOHEMIAN FC :cool: -V- DERRY CITY FC
    RDS, BALLSBRIDGE
    KICK OFF: 3PM, SUN 23-NOV-08

Come see Bohs win the double*

Potentially a cracker of a match. Would be interested to know what boards.ie neutrals are going...

*Maybe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I shall be there... should be a cracker alright. The double is on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Hoping to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'm going.

Come on Derry:D

Hopefully the weather's better than last year. Jesus Christ that was an awful, awful game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I probably would have went to this except my leg's in plaster and don't fancy going there on crutches!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'm going.

Come on Derry:D
    On Ticketmaster, select 'Begrudger's seating'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

No bother :D

Rather not see yourselves to the double in all fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

SectionF wrote: »
    On Ticketmaster, select 'Begrudger's seating'.

I doubt there is a begrudgers section. If there was, the game would have to be moved to Croker to accommodate it.

stovelid wrote: »
    I doubt there is a begrudgers section. If there was, the game would have to be moved to Croker to accommodate it.
    At the risk of alienating, at a stroke, a nation of football fans because of the perceived 'elitism' of LoI supporters, I feel obliged to point out that that would only be necessary to accommodate event-junky, bandwagonning begrudgers, and not people with a proper axe to grind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

SantryRed wrote: »

Hopefully the weather's better than last year. Jesus Christ that was an awful, awful game.

Remember that, singing "Two Liam Kearney's" in the lashings of rain.

Might head along weather and money depending, been at it the last 4 seasons so I'll probably head along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Will probably be heading along.

Please be dry and calm, dont mind the cold. Last year we had to jump up and down to keep warm,

Really fancy Derry and they are a decent price in the books too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Hopefully shall get down *i fell a work sickie coming on*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Come on Derry City.

:D

Des wrote: »
    Come on Derry City.:D
    Quelle surprise!

now now Des, karma remember

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I should be heading along too

Very funny piece on mns last night. Barry molloy taking the piss out of his teammates.

I was at last season's one actually, with a few mates from Cark.

Decent night had by all, as I remember.

Free free grub from Arkaga and all, got to meet my hero Liam Kearney in that posh hotel on the Southside, and again later in Copper Face Jacks.

Oh! What a night.

From loi.ie
    Derry City today confirmed that they have sold out their ticket allocation for the Angelsea Stand for Sunday's FAI Ford Cup final at the RDS.

The club still has tickets remaining for the Granstand and South Terrace. Tickets are selling well so football fans hoping to attend the game are urged to purchase tickets in advance.

Tickets are on sale through ticketmaster.ie or from Dalymount Park or the Brandywell Stadium.

Here's a poster for the game. Cover everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Nice poster. Looking forward to this actually.

• Advertisement

Heary saying Bohs can edge it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Gonna be a great weekend. Season review in Dalymount on Friday, pre final piss up on Saturday and hopefully a great Sunday night

Weather not looking too bad. A bit windy, so hopefully we can play it on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

bohsman wrote: »
    Gonna be a great weekend. Season review in Dalymount on Friday, pre final piss up on Saturday and hopefully a great Sunday night

Will Gerry and Phelim be presenting it? :D

On another note, on the basis its L'Derry versus her Majesties Bohemians, what anthem will be played? :D

Heading myself, should be a decent game, two footballing sides etc. Cheering for Derry obviously.

Yes, we were majestic in Season '08 :D

Yes, we were majestic in Season '08 :D

enjoy it, its the last one in your lifetime.... :cool:

have you seen Feilim O'Reilly's rate my solicitor page? :D

enjoy it, its the last one in your lifetime.... :cool:

have you seen Feilim O'Reilly's rate my solicitor page? :D

This is Cup Final weekend, and you are talking about lawyers?

Right now, as all the best managers say, everyone at Bohs is just thinking about the next match, and the double which, I can assure you, we most certainly will enjoy to the hilt especially, er, if we win it, which I certainly am not too confident about.

But nice to know you'll be watching... ;)

This is Cup Final weekend, and you are talking about lawyers?

Right now, as all the best managers say, everyone at Bohs is just thinking about the next match, and the double which, I can assure you, we most certainly will enjoy to the hilt especially, er, if we win it, which I certainly am not too confident about.

But nice to know you'll be watching... ;)

Have to see if two of the applicants for the Rovers job are able to handle the big occasions.

Have to see if two of the applicants for the Rovers job are able to handle the big occasions.

From what I hear (from a taxi driving Rovers fan) Fenlon rejected it but Kenny will probably take it. Kenny has proven himself a bottler time and time again.

• Advertisement

From what I hear (from a taxi driving Rovers fan) Fenlon rejected it but Kenny will probably take it. Kenny has proven himself a bottler time and time again.

Yeah, Nutsy applied for the job, did an interview and a tour of the stadium and then rejected it, despite the fact no offer has been made to anyone. Clutching at straws.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but he is a Rovers fanatic and we can match his ambition in a way you can't, so stranger things etc.

He's a cheque-book manager, Rovers don't have a very large cheque-book.

If Rovers tell him there is limited money to spend, he'll leg it it, like he did from Derry.

Des wrote: »
    He's a cheque-book manager, Rovers don't have a very large cheque-book.

If Rovers tell him there is limited money to spend, he'll leg it it, like he did from Derry.

I don't think his departure from Derry was quite that straightforward, but as I said, he would not be my number one choice.

John Collins would be.

Edit - how off tanget is this going.....

The John Collins and JAson Macateer dream team, they could get Gareth Farrelly in to give them some pointers.

The John Collins and JAson Macateer dream team, they could get Gareth Farrelly in to give them some pointers.

You are aware that John Collins managed Hibs to a cup victory?

Hardly the desperate gamble you took with a rookie in Farrelly. Although I thought he should have stayed :P

Hardly the desperate gamble you took with a rookie in Farrelly. Although I thought he should have stayed :P

zzz

As I mentioned, there's a Cup Final on Sunday.

• Advertisement

zzz

As I mentioned, there's a Cup Final on Sunday.

Its slightly relevent in that if we do pick Nutsy to be our next manager it will be his last game for you, and presumably the last for a lot of those players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Where are you getting Collins from anyway? Have Rovers been linked with him or is it just your choice?

monkey9 wrote: »
    Where are you getting Collins from anyway? Have Rovers been linked with him or is it just your choice?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055421586

Whats the story with tickets for this.

Will there be any available tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Id say so, apparently 10k sold as of yesterday but not sure how true that is or what the capacity of the RDS is.

He-e-e-ere's Johnny!

Eurovision icon and all-round good ol' boy J. Logan to sing at the game. Some old geezer from Derry also -- something to do with teenage kicks. ;)

Whats the story with tickets for this.

Will there be any available tomorrow?
    From fai.ie... Tickets will also be on sale from two Ticketmaster outlets near the RDS on Sunday, one located at St. Mary’s Church and the other on the Angelsea Road.

Got me tickets in Dalymount yesterday...c'mon Bohs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Got my tickets too.
    My first Irish football match ever. :)

Hope to get into it more next season and will enjoy tomorrow out

micmclo wrote: »
    Got my tickets too.
    My first Irish football match ever. :)

Hope to get into it more next season and will enjoy tomorrow out
    Congratulations! :D
    Who you shouting for?

I'm a Shels supporter and I do watch the games on Irish TV. But I've never ever attended a game :o
    Don't hate me, I'll be one of ye next year :)
    I'm a neutral for the Cup Final but my tickets are with the Bohs supporters. I think it's the North Stand

micmclo wrote: »
    I'm a Shels supporter... but my tickets are with the Bohs supporters. I think it's the North Stand
    Gulp! Enjoy it anyway! Do you know the words to Hold Me Now?

Ah I've read about the Bohs connection with Johnny Logan

Down with that sort of thing! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

Potentially a cracker of a match. Would be interested to know what boards.ie neutrals are going...

Feck all by the looks of things in this thread.

Even the LOI fans going seem to be just a few jealous fans from minnow Dublin clubs :), who will be supporting Derry, who would be closer to their level :pac:.

You should be supporting the Irish team in the final today, you lot are always going on about not supporting a UK club ahead of an Irish club ;).

On a more serious note, should be a great game. Derry are the best side we've played this year and we've not beaten them in 3 attempts so far. Hopefully we put that right today. Looking forward to an entertaining game with plenty of attacking football... and of course hopefully a Bohs win. Time to get boozed up now. Enjoy the match.

• Advertisement
Advertisement