Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Cup Final

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Yea, I drunkenly posted that before I saw it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

bohsman wrote: »
    Yea, I drunkenly posted that before I saw it again.

Ha!! Fair enough.

I'd like to get drunk after a Cup Final win, but i follow Pat's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

So you've been sober for 50 years!:D

In fairness it was there to be hit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Match replay for posterity :cool::cool:
    Health advisory: shockingly biased commentary by amateur sports broadcast organization. Viewers may wish to adjust the volume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

No biased commentary Derry were the far better team and played bohs off the pitch just for a stupid ref to get serveal big decisons wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Derry were the far better team

by far!? give me a break
    played bohs off the pitch

course they did, sure Bohs had no chances didnt they not? I must have dreamed up Kalonas two efforts inside the book, or Crowes chance, or Brennans shot that hit the bar, not to mention his one on one with the keeper, and O Donnells long range effort, Owen Hearys mazy run after a great build up?

yeah played them off the pitch alright. Derry were just about the better team, but played them off the pitch! GET A GRIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭podge018

Couldn't see it cleary at the game but from watching MNS last night I don't see what the big fuss over the hand-ball penalty decision is about. The ball was bouncing up at pace and Morrow brings his hands in to control the ball, if he had left his hands where they were the ball would have bounced up through them and up over his head and caused all sorts of panic, but no he didn't and therefore it was hand to ball to gain an advantage (i.e., get the ball under control).

The other penalty decision was wrong, Morrow should have had a pen in the opening few minutes.

Trilla wrote: »
    by far!? give me a break

course they did, sure Bohs had no chances didnt they not? I must have dreamed up Kalonas two efforts inside the book, or Crowes chance, or Brennans shot that hit the bar, not to mention his one on one with the keeper, and O Donnells long range effort, Owen Hearys mazy run after a great build up?

yeah played them off the pitch alright. Derry were just about the better team, but played them off the pitch! GET A GRIP

One of Kalonas efforts came after a dodgy ref again giving Bohs a throw in when the ball clearly came off Kalonas for a Derry throw in.

What about the number of chances McGlinn had and the mazy run lead to the Gillian Brennan hitting the bar from the Free Kick, had to laugh when someone on here said that was a pen cause Heary threw himself into the box.
    podge018 wrote: »
    Couldn't see it cleary at the game but from watching MNS last night I don't see what the big fuss over the hand-ball penalty decision is about. The ball was bouncing up at pace and Morrow brings his hands in to control the ball, if he had left his hands where they were the ball would have bounced up through them and up over his head and caused all sorts of panic, but no he didn't and therefore it was hand to ball to gain an advantage (i.e., get the ball under control).

The other penalty decision was wrong, Morrow should have had a pen in the opening few minutes.

He kept his hands where they were when he headed the ball down the ball is going at such pace that he could not move his hands out of the way.

Lets just say it was a great game of football and a great advertisment for what can be played in the League of Ireland pity only one set of fans where singing :P, well apart for about 7 mins when Bohs were ahead 2-1 and about 2 mins when the match was over.

I wonder if the ref has the trophy on his mantlepiece?

Lets just say it was a great game of football and a great advertisment for what can be played in the League of Ireland pity only one set of fans where singing :P, well apart for about 7 mins when Bohs were ahead 2-1 and about 2 mins when the match was over.

We couldnt hear yee at all - And there was plenty of non stop singing from the Bohs fans!

Great game............ Great Result

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

could only hear Derry on the telly.

"Are you Shelbourne in disguise" ad infinitum.

hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Funnier given the fact that they themselves had a good claim to being "Shelbourne in disguise" not so long ago.

gimmick wrote: »
    ^ Funnier given the fact that they themselves had a good claim to being "Shelbourne in disguise" not so long ago.

The Shelbourne in disguise is about spending money they do not have to pay players highter wages, or to buy the title with Pat Fenlon seems to do which is why he struggled up here. The Derry board did not want to spend money they did not have after nearly going boost serveral years ago.

Des wrote: »
    could only hear Derry on the telly.

Janey can't believe that! Could barely hear myself think most of the time. Especially when Johnny L came out (twice!)

Yep, could only hear Derry fans.

ha ha, battle of the louder fans, give me a break. Who won the cup?

Buttimer

don't talk rubbish.

0001e04712cry.jpg

The Shelbourne in disguise is about spending money they do not have to pay players highter wages, or to buy the title with Pat Fenlon seems to do which is why he struggled up here. The Derry board did not want to spend money they did not have after nearly going boost serveral years ago.

So why did John Hume have to bail youse out a couple of years ago?

• Advertisement

bohsman wrote: »
    So why did John Hume have to bail youse out a couple of years ago?

Did you read the post???? I said they were not going to spend money that was not there after nearly going out of business before with a previous board.

Dont forget Derry pay more in TAX than any other team in the league of Ireland that is why John Hume help organise a friendly game with Real Madrid and Celtic XI.

Boh's won with the help of a dodgy ref.

I think the FAI are scarded of Bohs and did not want them to go out of Business and therefore did there best with the ref to have Bohs win the Cup and get the prizemoney.

Strange that they did not toss a coin to decide what end of shoot out will be at, the ref said he was told it was to take place at the Bohs end by teh FAI.

As several Derry fans once said "take yer oil"

Yep and i have, but its still sickening :D

Advertisement