Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€10 Hotels on lastminute.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭johnfás

Thanks, that is the parent's Christmas present sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

cool, thanks for this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I cannot find any cheap hotels in the south-west of Ireland, I must be doing something wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

It's limited supply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

what sort of a bargin is this? your not very helpful with dates/places you know which are available, anyone would think you worked for the 'company' and keeping the info to yourself

• Advertisement

It told you on the website what dates were available when you click into the hotels. I would imagine most of them are gone at this stage though. I got an e-mail about it from lastminute.ie before the weekend, it is in conjunction with the relaunch of their website. I was glad of the reminder.

Running again today - started 20 minutes ago. Some great deals to be had, I got a week in the Burlington midweek (5 nights) for 50 euro total which is good because I won't have to get the bus into town now! Got a night in the Arlington Hotel (for after a weekend night out!) for 10 euro and got a room in Liffey Valley (for the night before I travel early from Dublin airport) again for 10 euro. So that is 7 nights in hotels total price 70 euro!

I have looked on the websites of the hotels and booking those nights with them would have cost me just over 1,000 euro!

http://www.lastminute.ie/site/travel/hotels/hotels-browse.html?skin=engb.lastminute-ie&CATID=110582

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Great deals.

Booked my parents Xmas present. 2 nights in a hotel in Sligo for €20 and booked myself and the girlfriend into the Clarion in Liffey Valley for 2 nights for €20.

johnfás wrote: »
    Running again today - started 20 minutes ago. Some great deals to be had, I got a week in the Burlington midweek (5 nights) for 50 euro total which is good because I won't have to get the bus into town now! Got a night in the Arlington Hotel (for after a weekend night out!) for 10 euro and got a room in Liffey Valley (for the night before I travel early from Dublin airport) again for 10 euro. So that is 7 nights in hotels total price 70 euro!

http://www.lastminute.ie/site/travel/hotels/hotels-browse.html?skin=engb.lastminute-ie&CATID=110582

Hey,

I was just wondering is the earliest you got you hotels was it in the New year? Not that it matters too much but was just wondering is it possible to get anything before Xmas.

Cheers.

No all I could see for anything was January. You can stay in the Louis Fitzgerald Hotel for quite a few Friday & Saturday nights but alot of them are only for midweeks.

Still though, can't go wrong for that price! Saved me well over 900 euro, not that I would have booked them if they weren't a tenner but still!

• Advertisement

Really great deals and such quality hotels.

More are being added. Cork,Donegal,Clare and Meath have just been put up. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

OK so I choose a Top Secret hotel, and I check the dates that are available indicated by a green tick. When I click 'Check Availability' after entering dates that appear to be available, the page reloads but nothing happens?? What am I doing wrong??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

sold out:(

Some of them seem to be sold out and the ticks not updated yet. I tried to book a night in Cork for a friend there and it gave the impression of availability but then it said unavailable.

Cork is available for me. 1 night 14th January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I just got 2 nights in Cork. Top Secret Hotel which turns out is the Clarion in Cork City so I'm happy! 19th & 20th

Top secret hotel wouldnt work for me at all :(

That site is a joke tbh. Found a few places with available dates, I go to book them and then says 'Not available anymore' - Ended up getting frustrated so just closed the browser... think i'll just stay with some friends in Dublin for free instead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Is this over?

When I click on the links in the first post I get -

Sorry, we could not find any hotels in your chosen location or for the type of hotel you selected.

I've had a bit of a browse, but none of the prices are anything close to a tenner a night. Can anyone help with a link pls?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

Just got 2 nights in Limerick Top Secret Hotel, 22nd-24th Jan. Not much left, I searched pretty much the whole of January, all regions looking for two nights stay. Only results I could find was for the same hotel on 10th-12th, 14th-16th and 21st-23rd Jan. Hope this helps someone, if your only looking for one night, you'll probably have more chances.

Cheers for this Op :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭johndoe77ie

What hotel is it in Limerick?

@ edanto, I used http://www.lastminute.ie/site/travel/hotels/hotels-browse.html?skin=engb.lastminute-ie&CATID=110582

use IE, not Firefox. You have to search from this page, it should be searching the WIGIG_IE category. There's links on each hotel to show avaiability but they throwing an error when I try them. I literally went through each date in January searching 'All' destinations. hope this helps :)

Clarion Hotel Limerick
    Steamboat Quay
    Limerick

just got it in email, hope its alright! for 20 quid its gotta be good value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

sonners wrote: »
    Clarion Hotel Limerick
    Steamboat Quay
    Limerick

just got it in email, hope its alright! for 20 quid its gotta be good value!

Is that the 4* top secret?

I think all of the top secret are Clarion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Anyone get the clarion in cork? Site seems borked when going that direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Anyone get the clarion in cork? Site seems borked when going that direction

SQL code coming up in the Availability section when I checked.

Complete pot luck to get an actual deal Id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

same here-
    ServletException in:/jsp/shared/tabs/availability.jsp] Define tag cannot set a null value'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭DaveMR

Cheers guys
    Just booked suburban dublin secret location as pressie for parents (its the maldron tallaght)
    Also clarion liffey valley for myself an wife as a treat
    Cheers to op

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

error has gone now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

zAbbo wrote: »
    error has gone now :)

Strange,got the Clarion Cork on the 4th Jan for 10 euro just there,cheers OP:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Harpz

Thanks OP!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

cool,, i just booked 2 nights in dublin,,€20,,had tried earlier and couldnt get it to work,,,thanks op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Anyone know if this is over or if updates are still being added?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Yesterday evening I booked Clarion Cork for mid January (only one date remained). Tenner for a double in a 4 star wehey, thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

This offer is back....today.Thurs 23rd April
    Have been trying to get on to the site since 10am but it keeps bombing out when I try to book.. has anyone else had success?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

I've tried a few times, but keep getting this error message -

We’re sorry, but there isn’t anything at the moment that matches your exact search. Please try again.

And the link redirects to this one, which has 'error' in it - makes me think the link might be wrong?
    http://www.lastminute.ie/site/travel/hotels/error.html?skin=engb.lastminute-ie&errorEmptyCategory=true&sourceRUID=Umz81wqoTDsAAAkXb2IAAAAj

Advertisement