Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade-in values becoming rediculous...

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I really don't understand people who buy second-hand from these shops. You're normally paying more than you would to buy the game online, while at the same time not supporting developers. It's a lose-lose situation for everyone concerned.

P.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

krudler wrote: »
    surely the fact that Assassins Creed is now a budget title means you're selling it way over its retail value? its brand new for less than 30 euro in hmv, game,gamestop,zavvi,xtravision and pretty much anywhere selling games, its not the fact they have it to sell its the fact it simply isnt that price anymore

When a title is released on classic or platinum the RRP for that titles platinum / classic version is set at a lower retail value. However the original full covered etc versions RRP remains at the same price and indeed the cost price of that title also remains at the same higher price point. In pretty much all cases the cost price of the original full version is dearer than the retail price of the classic / platinum range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

thats just the recommended price though, you could sell it for anything, granted you wouldn't want to make a loss though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Well, at least you are being honest. Nearly every time someone asks where to buy a game on this forum, 20 people reply with Gamesnash is great, etc, etc, which is all well and good, but I just wanted to point out, that for new releases, its smart to look around as some real bargains can be got else where these days.

You do seem to offer value for people looking to trade in games though, so fair play for that.

Now if you could only match the usual suspects new & lower prices (GAME, Gamestop, etc) with your high value offered for trade-in's.....you'd be onto a real winner there.

Well I use Gamesnash because I like to support the site because they are honest and open about things and do everything to ensure people have a good experience. I support gamesnash and the site in my sig (which has been redesigned and has a cool new look) for these reasons. I think because of being in contact with them and knowing they are decent people trying to do a good job makes it much more personal so its kind of like using a local shop at this stage. I'd rather support the local shop than Tesco even if it means paying a little more because I know the old man behind the counter and he's always there. I did that when I was younger until the shop had to close down anyway :( If I need music equipment, I go to the local music store in town rather than Tesco because my housemate works there even if it costs a tenner more or so for item I want.

Gamesnash have come onto our site to talk to us about things and they have always helped out anyone in anyway they can and been extremely honest about why their prices are like that.

We have an affiliate system with them so I guess that is another reason why I'd pay a little more and help both sites out. I don't think the few euro difference is a big deal because I'm not really being ripped off when you see their margins and those few euros don't mean much to me because I'm working and in my 20's at a high skilled job that isn't under any threat so I know I won't be let off anytime soon. It might be different for a school kid or someone who might not have a job next month but I'm not living in a recession at the moment. Having said that I would never pay over 60 Euro for a game. Its just a matter of principle having seen game prices go up in the past generation in some stores, I refuse to pay that much over the odds for the game when in most cases the stores can afford to sell at a lower price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Bolgey

to be fair, i got a good deal off gamestop today, got 16 euro off a play and charg kit, this is good considering the game was 'more brain training'. its good considering i got that game a year ago and its brand new for 30 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Yeah wel best of luck to them.

On a side note Im selling Resistance 2 and Motorstorm 2 (Brand new and sealed). 35-40e each or I will do a deal for both. PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

just wondering if any one knows if xtravision take consoles as trade-ins(brand new psp slim and lite 3000) and if so how much ,and if not where would be the best place to trade it in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

woah, zombie thread alert! :D

I don't think they do as I've never seen second hand consoles for sale there.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mickmurphy

its business ,

Imagine you were the owners of Game or Gamestop ,
    Its pain business and that's that , sure it makes them a MASSIVE profit , but hat u think makes them the cash ? ,

New games sell for less than 1 euro profit ,

Xtra vision can afford to take games for 30 euro and sell them for 33 because they rent out and sell more than games ....
    They get there profit from all of that

So in general i think its more insulting saying that there ripping you off cause there not , They give u the best service from all the shops Especially game stop

They always can tell u about games and stuff ....

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Please don't dig up old threads.
    Start a new one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement