Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

is there a 3 year warranty on ford focus

Options
  • 17-11-2008 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭

A seller is claiming that there is a 3 year warranty on a car he is selling (for focs 08) english import. Do ford UK have a 3 year warranty and will it be upheld if the car is imported to ireland. will for ireland uphold the warranty ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,515 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Irl has 2 years but an extra 2 years can be purchased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

UK is 3 years, and I am certain it will be honored here. If in doubt call Ford Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Yes UK cars carry a 3 year warranty, I imported a UK focus a few years ago and ford Ireland honored the warranty, some dealers may tell you different if making a claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Ford only have to honour the first 2 years of the warranty here.

The third year in UK warranties are almost always dealer warranties; the first 2 is from the manufacturer and it is a legal requirement by the EU that this warranty is valid throughout the EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

E92 wrote: »
    Ford only have to honour the first 2 years of the warranty here.

The third year in UK warranties are almost always dealer warranties; the first 2 is from the manufacturer and it is a legal requirement by the EU that this warranty is valid throughout the EU.

I had no problem with claiming on the 3 year warranty with my car, I used two different ford garages too.
    Before I bought the car I contacted ford head office in Cork and they told me the warranty was Europe wide, this was 4 years ago and I don't think it was a dealer warranty for the 3rd year back then, IIRC there was some sort of offer of an extra years warranty free when the car was purchased new.

• Advertisement
Advertisement