Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative Irish Web Dev/Design Forum

Options
  • 17-11-2008 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Is there any alternative forum for web design/development for Ireland, this forum is very quiet of late

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

There's http://www.irishwebmasterforum.com but it's not that active either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

There aren't too many web developers in Ireland for there to be a very busy forum I think...

A lot of people do read the posts on this forum though. I've always found it very helpful. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

eoin_s wrote: »
    There's http://www.irishwebmasterforum.com but it's not that active either.
    It's quite a small niche, so it's never going to be as busy as a more general forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The Mighty Ken

You've also got Creative Ireland. Again, it's fairly quiet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pauldiv

I know what you mean about this forum being quiet. There is plenty of action in the forums at sitepoint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

pauldiv wrote: »
    I know what you mean about this forum being quiet. There is plenty of action in the forums at sitepoint.

Sitepoint and a couple of the other international forums are huge - though there's a lot of rubbish posts on there as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

To be honest, I generally find I keep as up to date as I need to be from the PHP.ie mailing list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

V7N [dot] com is very good and very active. It's also quite well maintained. Some of the posts aren't high quality but there is a lot of international players and some of their posts are good. The SEO posts can be quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

think the OP is looking for an Irish one...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

link8r wrote: »
    The SEO posts can be quite good.
    Ain't that the truth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Of course the decline in the number of posts and posters could be due to the Dot.Bomb 2.0 effect. :)

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement