Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bulb or Wiring?

Options
  • 17-11-2008 1:02pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Quick question. A few weeks back the high beam on my headlamp stopped working unless you hit the bonnet above the light. This put the light on but it never lasted much longer between turning the lights off or driving they would turn off again. I had similar problems several months back when a lot of bulbs in the car went and the mecahnic could not find anything at fault, so just replaced the bulbs. It seems the same thing is happening again, as I discovered last night the low beam has stopped working unless you hit the bonnet.

Rang two mechanics including the main dealer who said its a bulb issue and to just replace them. Is this a normal way for lights to go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Not in my experience.
    Bulbs either work or they don't.

Getting them to work by hitting the bonnet would mean that you have a contact problem somehwere near the lamp unit. Either the bulb socket or the wiring around it, IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

agreed

try reseating the lamp connector and checking the contacts in the buld holder

Advertisement