Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone still playing?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

copeyhagen wrote: »
    every element of the game sucked imo.
    That's a bit harsh. I didn't renew my sub but I would say that the graphics (for an MMO), ToK, PQ's and variety of Careers were all good things. Bad things were boring rubbish quests, Low server pops, Scenarios, no LFG for instances and no open RvR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Without a doubt the game (like all games) isn't for everyone, but it's plain to see some people still enjoy it. Saying "every element of the game sucked" smells a bit trollish.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I've not been playing for a couple of weeks. Got too much stuff going on at the moment to play, but I'll be back to it [and SWG] sometime in the new year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭knoxor

I re-rolled on a different server that had a med population for both order and dest. Much better, loads of scenario's, guilds are more active and even the RVR is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭pyxxel

knoxor wrote: »
    I re-rolled on a different server that had a med population for both order and dest. Much better, loads of scenario's, guilds are more active and even the RVR is good.

Agree with this.

For a game like WAR server population is absolutely critical, so they addressed that with the character transfers. It got progressively better for us over the past few months, and we enjoy it totally now. Never a dull moment :D well there are some occasionally, but hey what do you expect. There are other things in life :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can the beta client be upgraded to the full version? I need to redownload it (using rapidshare preferably), and the only links i can find are for the EU beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

You will download a few extra patches from between the end of closed beta and release but it should be fine. Only real difference is the lack of logos and vids on start-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Been playing lots of alts recently for some reason (I usually like to pick one character and rank that up). I think I love T1 RvR too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Jim wrote: »
    Been playing lots of alts recently for some reason (I usually like to pick one character and rank that up). I think I love T1 RvR too much.
    as long as you're not healing. nothing irritates me more than running to the frontline to watch the tanks all stop right next to you, scared to enter the fray. mind you, i've seen that in every tier... T_T

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Once you pick up some abilities, it seems easy to really make a huge difference to the game if you are a decent healer. That applies to all tiers too. WAR was one of the few (only?) games that I created a number of alts in just to see how different class types played out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

Alot of new content coming out over the next few weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Just started playing again last weekend. I had been on Yvieres i think, but between low population and technical issues http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055397808 (Fixed with a bios update) I didn't renew after my free month.

Just hit rank 13 on my Marauder last night on Karak Eight Peaks and the higher population makes it a lot more enjoyable.

I want to start looking for a guild to organize some premade RvR and Dungeons. If anyone has any recommendations drop me a shout.

Varkov wrote: »
    Just started playing again last weekend. I had been on Yvieres i think, but between low population and technical issues http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055397808 (Fixed with a bios update) I didn't renew after my free month.

Just hit rank 13 on my Marauder last night on Karak Eight Peaks and the higher population makes it a lot more enjoyable.

I want to start looking for a guild to organize some premade RvR and Dungeons. If anyone has any recommendations drop me a shout.
    You can transfer your character off that server now to a higher pop one.

Transfer from Karak Eight Peaks?

I thought it had a pretty high population (Even though Ally's are ON us 3:1)

Varkov wrote: »
    Transfer from Karak Eight Peaks?

I thought it had a pretty high population (Even though Ally's are ON us 3:1)
    Sorry, meant your old server.

Yea, K8P has a pretty high pop.

K8P is the most populated server in europe, but order out number destro completly. I left behind my 40 BW on that server and rerolled on Dragonbackmountains, awesome server in T4 if anyones thinking of rerolling order.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,343 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Elem wrote: »
    K8P is the most populated server in europe, but order out number destro completly. I left behind my 40 BW on that server and rerolled on Dragonbackmountains, awesome server in T4 if anyones thinking of rerolling order.

GOA say the biggest is Karak Azgal now.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I've resubbed and been playing with my toon on karak azgal.. strugling to get back to playing though, I feel like im playing a single player game, server is like a ghost town.

To add to that public quests are impossible to do because there is nobody about and creating a party aint gonna happen with the odd one maybe two people in the area as they dont seem interested.

So which server are the majority of you on? Eight Peaks or Azgal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Got a Warrior Priest on Eight Peaks and will probably make a Choppa on Azgal when they arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭Sarn

I log in to Karak Azgal with my marauder evey now and then.

Azgal core or oRVR?

I've started playing on Azgal again. Have a lvl19 Shaman, but i have been spending more time with my Sorceror. I think i'm all healed out for the time being, and just want to kill things. Good fun so far. Getting less lag in RvR then i used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

I think anyone thinking of joining WAR or resubbing should try Destro on Karak Eight Peaks. Theres a prenty big Order population there, but its needs more Destro.

^ Indeed, theres a 20% exp and renown bonus aswell I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Um just wondering, does anyone know where I could sell my WAR account?

I got up to RR52 with my Bright Wizard on Karak Norn and the game has just turned into a grind, even worse than WoW was. There's a bazillion sites buying/selling accounts but a lot of them are scams from what I could see. And eBay has washed their hands off of MMO account trading.

netman wrote: »
    Um just wondering, does anyone know where I could sell my WAR account?

I got up to RR52 with my Bright Wizard on Karak Norn and the game has just turned into a grind, even worse than WoW was. There's a bazillion sites buying/selling accounts but a lot of them are scams from what I could see. And eBay has washed their hands off of MMO account trading.
    I'm fairly sure (99% or there abouts) that selling your character would be against the EULA and wont be discussed here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Yes I think we'll avoid threads on the topic of characters for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Damn! Ok that would explain why I can't find any sites selling or buying characters, other than the scam ones!

• Advertisement

I'm back playing now, and i'm really enjoying it. Focussing on my Sorceror, and its great fun. So far i'm absolutly pissing all over the damage charts. Finishing top pretty much every time. Great fun.

Advertisement