Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[UPC] I can't get the service

Options
  • 17-11-2008 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

hi peeps i contacted upc about there http://www.upc.ie/internet/internet/max/ pack i'm from dublin 10 area the reply i got is
    Thank you for your online order. Unfortunately not all products you requested are available at your address. We can provide you with Digital Television but the Broadband service is not currently available. When your area is upgrade to Broadband you will receive written notification from us

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Only UPC can answer this,
    I've cleaned up your post as you have broken tags everywhere

If UPC say you can't get the service then move on and look at other companys, just because you can get TV from them means nothing, I can get TV from UPC but I won't say cable internet from them for 20 years at the very least :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 hunter2008

ok thank you Cabaal and sorry for the broken tags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Same here, despite them working in my area for the last few weeks. Would they be upgrading the cables just for tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Would they be upgrading the cables just for tv?

Unlikely (they'd most likely be putting a full 2-way/digital network in place). However, they might just be fault repairing? Either way, local cabling is only part of it, so it can take a few months from those works to an area being BB enabled.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They will have all of their Dublin cable upgraded by 2012 so don't worry :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 hunter2008

i have just checked m aunt's address for upc and it is avable there

Advertisement