Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox wireless controller and 2 games €39.99

• 17-11-2008 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

Harvey Norman

Xbox Wireless controller
    Plus Indiana Jones Lego game
    Plus Kung Foo Panda game
    bundle for €39.99

The wireless controller on its own is €45

Saw this in the Swords branch today - plenty there

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

Blanchardstown have plenty too, but not on the floor, their in the back ,so just ask the console section guy to get them, thanks to op.... good deal....

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

No sign of them in Harvey Norman Little Island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Tesco have the same one not sure of the price but think the same

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I wonder do they have them in Cork - Kinsale Rd??
    Might check L8r..

• Registered Users Posts: 47 xavierg

yeah tescos is doin the same deal. 39.99. not bad at all.. the controller itself is around 45 to 50..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,586 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I think these are only supposed to be sold as part of a bundle deal, though I could be mistaken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

I think these are only supposed to be sold as part of a bundle deal, though I could be mistaken.

You are correct...you are mistaken!
    They are sometimes bundled but its a bundle in itself
    The Carphonewarehouse shops are selling them too for same price!

You are correct...you are mistaken!
    They are sometimes bundled but its a bundle in itself
    The Carphonewarehouse shops are selling them too for same price!

Carphone warehouse are selling an xbox package?

Must mosey in tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Xtravision selling the same bundle.

Tusky wrote: »
    Xtravision selling the same bundle.

How much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 AltGr

Just picked up the last two in stock from Blanchardstown.

The games come in a single case (labeled as "bundle copy"), but with two discs and original two instruction manuals.

In theory it might be possible to trade-in if you had an extra case and a reasonable copy of the case insert !!

HMV in Grafton Street 142 euro's :D . I even got them to check it and they price was correct as far as they are concerned .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭lfcefc

Just rang my local xtravision and they said that you have to buy a console to get the bundle
    Anyone got one from xtravision?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Game have black wireless controllers at 24.99, but the other colors seem to be normal price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Harvey Norman Airside Swords had about 12 left last evening,they say on the box only to be sold with Xbox 360 bundle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭lfcefc

Got one today in Carphone Warehouse on Grafton Street
    Says on the box must be sold with an xbox console but guy sold it to me , no bother
    He said once it scans in the till as a stand-alone item then they can sell

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

lfcefc wrote: »
    Just rang my local xtravision and they said that you have to buy a console to get the bundle
    Anyone got one from xtravision?
    They are being sold in Rathgar, but for 99.99!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

anyone know if they have them in harveys in carickmines?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭djb85

Game have black wireless controllers at 24.99, but the other colors seem to be normal price.

you know if these are still in stock?

Saw these in HMV Cork for €149.99!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Only when you buy a game. And the awesome green ones are €24.99 too but can only be sold with FIFA :(

WiFi adapter is €44.99 this week with any game though, that's a good deal but still more than it should cost.

Linku wrote: »
    Only when you buy a game. And the awesome green ones are €24.99 too but can only be sold with FIFA :(

WiFi adapter is €44.99 this week with any game though, that's a good deal but still more than it should cost.

Agreed, the Wifi adaptor is a total rip off. Should be built in like the PS3 and Wii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭djb85

Agreed, the Wifi adaptor is a total rip off. Should be built in like the PS3 and Wii

For anyone that has wireless & a laptop ICS works well.

Anyone in Cork should be aware that they have this in both Carphone Warehouse on Pana and Tesco Mahon point right now, both priced @ €39.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

jayteecork wrote: »
    Saw these in HMV Cork for €149.99!

I KNOW WTF !!!!!
    cud we buy here and return to hmv ;)

jaytee, you could always buy one for me and sell it to me via adverts.ie for a bit more, then everyone's happy

djb85 wrote: »
    For anyone that has wireless & a laptop ICS works well.

ICS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Linku wrote: »

Nope it wasn't, the part saying 'When purchased with x' was scribbled out with marker.

No idea if they've any left though haven't been in since really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The have loads left in Swords but you have to ask for them because they were taken off display because 5 of them got stolen off the floor.
    Harvey Norman

Xbox Wireless controller
    Plus Indiana Jones Lego game
    Plus Kung Foo Panda game
    bundle for €39.99

The wireless controller on its own is €45

Saw this in the Swords branch today - plenty there

• Advertisement

anyone know about carrickmines????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Pegasus15

ICS?

Internet Connection Sharing. I'm open to correction on this, but I think it works as follows.

Laptop connects to your wireless router. You then put your laptop beside your 360 and run an ethernet cable from one to the other. There's then some way of letting your 360 connect to the internet via your laptop, but I'm not entirely sure on how you do this. However, this article might help you with that.

Another way to get around having to buy a wireless adapter is to put your router beside your console (provided that there's a telephone line nearby) and simply connect your router to your console via an ethernet cable.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Just picked up 2 from Harvey Norman in Carrickmines. Had about 10 left on the shelf. It says on the box that they should only be sold with a console but no problem buying seperately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

From talking to the manager of Sword brand they could not give then away with new system so are not selling then off cheap to clear the store levels before year-end.
    Dazzy wrote: »
    Just picked up 2 from Harvey Norman in Carrickmines. Had about 10 left on the shelf. It says on the box that they should only be sold with a console but no problem buying seperately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭lifegamer

I just called Harvey Norman nutgrove and he laughed pretty much and said no we don't have that deal. And the only wireless controller deal was with PS3. Strange!

Dazzy wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Bought 1 in Smiths toys Sligo for 49.99, went to Tesco and they had it for 39.99. I got the Tesco one and returned the Smiths toys one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

lifegamer wrote: »
    I just called Harvey Norman nutgrove and he laughed pretty much and said no we don't have that deal. And the only wireless controller deal was with PS3. Strange!

I was in Harvey Norman in Nutgrove last night also. They dont have them.

Edit... Xtra-Vision in Stillorgan were looking for €99.99 for it when I called in yesterday. Same thing but different packaging so I reckon Xtra-Vision's bundle are supposed to be sold without console.

I was in HMV today. Could't belive that this was €146.99.
    I asked the manager who said that it should only be sold as part of a bundle and thats why some shops were offloading at €40.
    He got embarrased when i asked him how he could justify selling it for €147 when he was not allowed to sell unless part of a bundle :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Just picked this up in Tesco Crescent SC Limerick. Deal of the week!! :) The little one will be happy out Christmas morning! So will I ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 ImFeelingLucky

Anyone in Cork should be aware that they have this in both Carphone Warehouse on Pana and Tesco Mahon point right now, both priced @ €39.99.
    Which Carphone warehouse? Thanks

Which Carphone warehouse? Thanks

Patrick Street(aka Pana)

• Advertisement

got mine in carrickmines :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Gamesnash have this for €45 delivered free for those not near a store or:
    http://www.gamesnash.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_25&products_id=1101

• Registered Users Posts: 34 wicklow eoin

Got mine today in harvey normans in carrickmines today, carphone wharehouse have them als0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

GBX wrote: »
    Gamesnash have this for €45 delivered free for those not near a store or:
    http://www.gamesnash.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_25&products_id=1101

Thanks, ordered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Bought 1 in Smiths toys Sligo for 49.99, went to Tesco and they had it for 39.99. I got the Tesco one and returned the Smiths toys one :D

I think I got the last one in Tesco Sligo today. No others visible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

anyone see it in HN in naas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 ImFeelingLucky

Patrick Street(aka Pana)
    They have two shops on pana........

They have two shops on pana........
    Not 100% sure. My sistert bought mine for me.
    You'll have to pop into both I guess.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

2 left in Tesco Mahon Point 20 mins ago.

now €41.99 delivered on play.com (and they will post it to eire)

• Advertisement
Advertisement