Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about automatic ban lifting

Options
  • 17-11-2008 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

At what stage can a user expect their automatic ban lifting?

Should it be at around the same time of the day as the ban was applied?

For instance, should a one week ban applied at 14.00 on the 1st, be automatically lifted at 14.00 on the 8th?

Or is more random than that?

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

As far as I know, it's around the same time, give or take an hour. I think the system is usually more user-biased, so the ban should be lifted earlier rather than later.

I think CuLT might have more of a definitive answer though.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Any time between 14:00 and 15:00 usually, there's a rather large drift sometimes for a couple of reasons.

As the script runs hourly, if the ban was applied at 14:59 it would also be lifted the following week at 15:00.

Also over time the time difference between database and web servers drift somewhat, so after two or three months there might be a 5 minute lag, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Just FYI.

There was a +48minute difference in the one I was referring to.

ie, the ban was for 1 week + 48 Minutes, oh, the huge manatees.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Yeah, +/- an hour.

Advertisement