Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas shopping begins.....

Options
  • 17-11-2008 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Heya

Attempting to start the christmas shopping today, so i wont have to battle the madness that will take over the shops in the coming weeks..

I however am totally stuck on what to get everyone

Ive got himself sorted, but cant figure out what to get sis and folks... dont want to get the bog standard books or golf / fishing /vouchers / trips and all that wana get something different..

anyone have any thoughts ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

We have all ours done already including presents. :p

The internet (shopping) is a blessing.
    Saved an absolute fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Biggins wrote: »
    We have all ours done already including presents. :p

Won't the brussel sprouts be a bit 'ripe' come December 25th?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

I really don't wanna do this shopping stuff

Quackles wrote: »
    Won't the brussel sprouts be a bit 'ripe' come December 25th?

LOL naa, we are going to my mothers for dinner.

If anyone is considering doing any late internet shopping by the way, don't forget to take into account for postage delivery times.
    Start ordering NOW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Kris kindle for the weeen... It's a major pain having to buy presents for everybody, much easier to just buy for one :) Friends get f*ck all I'm afraid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Biggins wrote: »
    LOl naa, we are going to my mothers for dinner.

If anyone is considering doing any late internet shopping by the way, don't forget to account for postage delivery times.
    Start ordering NOW!

Did u pick up any unique pressie ideas ?

I havent a breeze what to get everyone. wana try and get it sorted this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I told my mother on Sunday to pick out what from the boots 3 for 2 offer she would like.

She looked particularly offended so I stuck the knife in and said I was serious.

Getting all shopping done in Blanch on the 29th. We are just going to Blitz every present that day. We will hit the toy shop at 9am when its quietest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ahh christmas shopping, it's a pain in the ass because I never know what to get anyone:

The Missus - She wanted an epilator, got that and one or two other small things
    The Auld Lad - Picked up Band of Brothers that was linked to in Bargain Alerts
    The Mother - No Idea
    The Brothers - No Idea
    The Sister - No Idea

God I hate christmas shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

moved.

Karoma wrote: »
    moved.

Ah karoma :(

• Advertisement

I try to avoid the boring usual stuff for people.
    Half the time they are afraid of what I might be giving them but they at least get a laugh or amazed that I think of not the normal stuff!

For example: For my dad one year I got him a car crash kit (first aid box/disposable camera for taking pics should those involved be ok, a pen and pad for taking names and notes, a throwaway usable charged up phone, a first aid book and other useful items).

For Mother, tickets to a Late Late show ( had to request them months in advance).

For ideas try this site: http://www.giftideasetc.com/gifts_for_mom.html
    Its American but it might give you a few ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 whytie99

have a look at some retailers new lines of gift cards as they are starting to look really classy these days. The M&S cards are fantastic.

You could also check out www.giftcardshop.ie as there's a talking tag service available- buy a gift card and add a 60 second voice greeting.

yeah dont really wana go down the voucher road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Shaws

I'm really stuck for a present for my dad, he's not sporty, but used to be, he's not into ANYTHING, except watching telly!! For his birthday I got him a pocket watch with Dad on in, so some serious help would be really appricated!!!

For my mum, I got her Il Divo tickets.

Advertisement