Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custard Filled Donoughts

• 17-11-2008 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

guys

anyone know who makes Custard filled donoughts near around maynooth/dunboyne?
    Seen in TESCO but they stopped it now and only have jam filled now.

Been there 3-4 times this week at TESCO MAYNOOTH, NAVAN, ASHBOURNE as have seen them till 2 months ago but no "Custard filled" once.

Yammy yammy
    now need to have them before 15:00 clock as feeling the donought hunger since we just finished lunch.
    HELP NEEDED QUICKLY

SOS
    Please tell me where can i buy those donought with custard filling

cheers
    Tesco have these:
    http://www.tesco.ie/superstore/food.asp?URL=/superstore/p/food_home.asp

AC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Is there a Spar with a Tim Hortons stand near you? I urge you to try their Boston Creme.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

adrieanne__x, thanks a million for the new suggestion.
    Now we have custrad donnoughts as well as Boston Cream to look after
    Tried BC yesterday, Fantastic, Yummy Yummy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just buy ready made custard, get a normal plain donut and cut it open like a bread roll and spread it on.

My tesco has a tim horton section.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

rubdub, you cant compete a boston cream or custard filled one with a home made one
    yes, got 5 boston yesterday from Tesco maynooth (for 5 mates, i did not eat them all alone..God..i am not a Garda :-) )

Quota for the week is over, now its Monday and Tuesday for BC now :-)

its so tasty, who ever invented this Boston cream, i am ready to wash his car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

If only Krispy Kreme opened in this country!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

woooo232 wrote: »
    If only Krispy Kreme opened in this country!

You can't get Krispy Kreme in Ireland???

/rethinks plans to move back home!

On the subject of donoughts, I actually much prefer Custard donoughts when they are just out of the fridge but prefer the jam ones slightly warmed. Anyone else like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

r3nu4l wrote: »
    You can't get Krispy Kreme in Ireland???

/rethinks plans to move back home!

On the subject of donoughts, I actually much prefer Custard donoughts when they are just out of the fridge but prefer the jam ones slightly warmed. Anyone else like this?

Thank the lawd they don't. There was a drive in one on the way home from work where I lived in the States....it spelled disaster for my waistline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,937 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ellscurr wrote: »
    Thank the lawd they don't. There was a drive in one on the way home from work where I lived in the States....it spelled disaster for my waistline.
    When I was in Florida in the Summer, ate a bag of mini glazed crullers from Krispy Kreme with a pint of coffee.

Fecking heaven! :(

327483009_fa5a2f11f2_o.jpg

ASTRACLUB wrote: »
    rubdub, you cant compete a boston cream or custard filled one with a home made one
    The OP mentioned tesco, and no brands like Tim Hortons (which are in my tesco). So I presumed he was talking about the regular tesco custard filled ones, but maybe they did mean Hortons (which I agree is totally different).

The regular ones are just sugar donuts with custard injected, so no reason you cannot just do it yourself. I hate when you get a injected donut and it is all in one part, you are biting away with nothing and then it all floods out. I usually rip them in 2 like a bread roll and use the 2 bits to smear the filling around more evenly.

I find regular sugar donuts very different from the likes of dunkin donuts, tim horton etc. You can get recipes online to mimic them, some are even done in the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

Isn't Dunkin' Donuts in Ireland? They are everywhere here. Their donuts are so artificial. I have only ever had them once or twice and seriously sugar crashed after eating them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,937 ✭✭✭✭Basq

dSTAR wrote: »
    Isn't Dunkin' Donuts in Ireland? They are everywhere here. Their donuts are so artificial. I have only ever had them once or twice and seriously sugar crashed after eating them :pac:
    No, don't think so.

They used to be up North.. remember getting some in Enniskillen when I was a young 'un!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Dunkin Donuts used to operate from a counter at the Students bar in NUI Maynooth but pulled out about 8-9 years ago...

Not surprising. They have probably contributed more to the increase in diabetes type II than most other junk food companies. Their donuts are completely laden with sugar and artificial colors. :(

Dunkin donuts did have a fair few places here. One was on grafton street on the corner near bruxelles. They had one in UCD that changed to 911. Thats all about 12-15years ago or so though.

Dunkin donuts did boston cremes.

rubadub wrote: »
    Dunkin donuts did have a fair few places here. One was on grafton street on the corner near bruxelles...
    Yes I do remember that one.

It seems that a lot of American franchises went the same way. I am thinking of Wendy's, 7 Eleven and possibly one or two others. Is it just the Irish market is hard to crack or there are not enough donut munchin' cops to sustain a serious business?

dSTAR wrote: »
    I am thinking of Wendy's, 7 Eleven
    I loved wendys, had totally forgotten about it. There was one in dun laoghaire, lots of shops have come & gone on that premises. It is now an elverys and doesn't look like it does much business. IIRC KFC also opened twice in dun laoghaire, now none.

I never did think a donut place like that could do well. Seemed around the same size & setup as a typical mcdonalds, yet the average person going in would have a lower spend. i.e. I could eat €8 worth of stuff in mcdonalds but would not eat €8 worth of donuts & coffee.

Really just need a small takeout only place. Like that little donut kiosk on O'Connell street, get them piping hot.

rubadub wrote: »
    Really just need a small takeout only place. Like that little donut kiosk on O'Connell street, get them piping hot.
    Seriously taking me down memory lane here.

I used to get donuts there when I was a kid in the 1980's. :pac:

Advertisement