Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Approx Value??

Options
  • 17-11-2008 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Had to buy a new car at the start of the year due to the sheer amount of stuff you need to carry when a baby comes along. Anyway as a result our old car has been sitting gathering dust and we are now getting round to selling it. I know very little about the value of cars and a search of the various websites isn't helping me too much so this is where you come in :)

The car is a Black 91 Honda Civic 1.3, 3 door. Its a Japanese import so well specced for its age. Has approx 150,000km on it, alloy wheels, cd player, power steering, electric windows, air con etc. Pretty decent condition and drives well. My wife has owned it for about 8 years, been regularly serviced (yearly), and in that time the only trouble she has had with it is a dead battery and a clutch that was replaced 15 months ago. It was broken into once by some incompetent (thankfully) robber who damaged the starter so this was replaced also. No tax or NCT though I might get this sorted if it will make it easier to sell.

Any ideas as to its value??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

If it drives well I would say about 500 Euro. With NCT maybe 800.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

50 - 100 quid. Its pushing 18 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

DubDani wrote: »
    If it drives well I would say about 500 Euro. With NCT maybe 800.

I would say 500 - 600 ! Its always gonna be worth something with it being tested, will shift easier too !

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Guisseppeth

Looks like it will need the NCT then. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Looks like it will need the NCT then. Cheers

Definately, selling a car without a valid NCT is almost impossible these days. It will not increase the value of the car by much but it will make more appealing to a potential buyer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The car is a Black 91 Honda Civic 1.3, 3 door.

Any ideas as to its value??

Cheers

Is it the box shape or the more modern shape (92-93)ish?... I'd stick an NCT on it and ask €3000, there a cult car....any boyracer worth his salt would have it pimped in no time...it's the right colour, it should make good money...

if it's this shape i'd ask top dollar...
    2445_0.jpg

Yeah thats the shape. Huge variations in price there - from €50 to €3000 :)

I have to say that I don't think it would make that much but it is a boy racers car alright and any of them I have seen around recently are "pimped"!!!

Time to get it NCT'd and cleaned up and a few photos taken and get it online.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

these are still a desirable car for Junior honda enthuasists, NCT and a full Valet = quick sale & top cash

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

I'm in a very similiar situation to you (car wise anyway). Mines a 91, (1991 to 1995 model), 1.5litre VTEC-E, 4 door saloon with full 2 year NCT. I can't put a value on it but was thinking of putting it on ebay. So instead of the price starting high and reducing, it starts low and hopefully increases.
    :cool:

4 door saloon wouldn't be worth as much but the 1.5 vtech engine might get you a few extra bob...

i'd never let and relative drive a civic....if your selling them make sure there as far away from home as possible...

• Advertisement

i'd never let and relative drive a civic....if your selling them make sure there as far away from home as possible...

Why so??

Why so??

I think way to many young people go to heaven in them......saying that I usd to have a 205 Gti and they were nicknamed the coffin:)

Its pretty nippy alright. Thats the main reason we are selling it to be honest. Our daughter wanted it as she is now learning to drive but we would prefer her to have something with air bags, smaller engine etc etc

A volkswagen passat 1.6 or laguna (about 3000 for a 02 or 03) would be a good option, my dad always made sure we were in big tanks of cars when we started driving....my brother and I both wrote off our mums car when we started driving, the bro done in a nissan sunny and I took a passat through a wall.....thankfully my dad didn't stick me in a micra or I probably won't be here now...

Advertisement