Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advise on buying a 07 car now.

Options
  • 17-11-2008 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a 2007 Bravo now, but my question is should i wait till the new year to buy or would there be little difference in price change between then and now. I'll definitely be buying a car in Jan.

Cheers in advance.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The longer you wait the cheaper it'll get. At the moment prices are still in freefall, so wait as long as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Thanks Anan.
    I can wait I would just prefer not to have to. I guess my real question is how far into 09 will it be before the dealers start dropping the prices of second hand cars.

The other factor is, I'm looking at getting the 1.4 Bravo sport and currently there is only one 2007 and three 2008 models available on carzone(I think it's the same selection on all the sites), will the shortage of available model keep the prices stable for a bit longer?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Thanks Anan.
    I can wait I would just prefer not to have to. I guess my real question is how far into 09 will it be before the dealers start dropping the prices of second hand cars.

The other factor is, I'm looking at getting the 1.4 Bravo sport and currently there is only one 2007 and three 2008 models available on carzone(I think it's the same selection on all the sites), will the shortage of available model keep the prices stable for a bit longer?

Patience is it's own reward. Used car prices are literally dropping by the week at the moment so don't panic buy. As nothing is really shifting at the moment just keep tabs on the prices of cars over the next 2 months, don't feel you have to buy now.

Regarding the availability of a specific model, the Bravo is not selling that well for Fiat in Ireland so don't put yourself under pressure where you think if I don't buy that car then someone else will, paying over the odds for it in the process. If a dealer sees that you are specifially keen on a particular model that is in limited supply then they will be less flexible on the price as they know you really want it. Treat it like your looking at one car from a number of different cars and are willing to do business on the one that offers the best price for you.

Advertisement