Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enjoying your DeathKnight ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I really can't be arsed respeccing every time I want to run an instance tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 asmo

i agree with you, it would just be a pain in the rear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Heres an idea for yis lads, im gonna throw it out there...

"Dont tank the instance, do damage instead ?"

Thus eradicating any need to respecc and you can level easier and perhaps enjoy the game even more.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I never respec unless i really cant find a tank, ive even tanked nexus,utgarde as fury and had a guild boomkin tank it too. Their not that hard as long as you have a decent enough healer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Here's a couple more ideas. Maybe I like tanking the instance? Maybe I even like PVPing as a tank? Maybe I'm really enjoying it as it is? ;)

• Advertisement

My apologies, my post was more of an elaboration off Manties top post on this page. I was under the impression you felt obliged to specc prot to fill out the tanking instance role, so of course carry on if you like what your doing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Been playing now all of 2days and I love my new main <3

Anyway few tips for people using the class if they don't already know.

Mounting and demounting will heal your ghoul to full hp for you :D
    A good cycle i found which enables you to have full hp after every mob is

icy touch / plague strike / death strike (heal) / blood strike x2 - normally the mob is down after this

for pure dps use the same as above but change death strike with scourge strike.

deathcoiling can heal your ghoul also, anyway I know you probs all know but just said i'd give a little feedback as you never know.

Anyway once again loving it :D

didnt know about the mount thing, cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

DK's are ridiculous!!!!! OMFG ..... is it right to have something this mental & unkillable???? I can't believe how tactile this class is, & how much dmg you can deal out ....... it's bloody insane .. I thought my Arcane mage was mental ..... this is beyond mental, & I'm still only in blues without enchants or enhancements .....

I agree it's a OP, i've never been below 80% health yet including if im fight numerous mobs, i can solo elites a level ahead of me as well,.

I can't say what the class is like at 80, but at 65 i've having no trouble killing anything around me.

Will get a nerf asap I reckon with all the QQ¬ coming in.

• Advertisement

I got jumped by a ret pally the other day while AOE grinding some mobs, he was 74 and i was 71. Unlucky some might say, but he came in just as i was about to finish off the mobs, so i turned around and kicked the crap out of him, bubble and all. I laughed quite a bit.

But !

Later that day when i reached 72 i was questing again, same area (Dragonblight) when an ice mage killed me while i was attacking a mob. I thought ok im gonna ****in kick his head in, so i went back fully ready to kick ass. He was in the water and seemed to be afk, so i started smacking him, he stirred straight away and him and his pet kicked my ass. I went back again and again. About 8 times in total i tried killing him, i tried every possible combination, didnt use grip or chains until absolutely necessary. And still couldnt kill him... not once... not even close to death..

A mutilate rogue also gave me trouble, but only when his vanish wasn't on CD was when he got owned.

The mage was 71 and rogue same level as me,

We can be kited/rooted quite easily.

So its safe to say were not "OP"

Classes that i predict which will always give us trouble:

Mage (probably our biggest trouble especially if full ice or arcane)
    Hunter

I've dueled everything and not had trouble against much.

fighting a mage as unholy they just go down so fast.
    grip then some dps, tries get away chains, mind freeze, silence, use your trinket and or ur icebound fortitude to avoid being stunned and take half the damage game over. :D

Rogues not had any trouble either, who knows maybe im playing retards.
    I do have alot of key bindings close to me + bartender for trinkets/freeze/chains/etc etc

Yeah thats what would happen if the mage attacked me with none of his CD's, it sounds like your playing nabs :)

frost mages can have up to 3 novas if they are glyphed correctly and also their new 51 point talent which lets just say gets you owned. Now in saying that, i had a few mages pissin me off last night and in the end i think i killed them more, but never with ease.

Don't get me wrong, im pretty sure i can overcome every class, its just not certainly easy and were in no way OP. Its just other players who don't have much knowledge about the DK's spells and abilities so they don't know what to look out for with counters and thus get owned.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Should one be using unholy presence for max dps or blood presence?
    Im unholy specced.

Id go with blood over unholy tbh, although if dual wielding i might edge more towards unholy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,632 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Got my ass kicked by a DK the other day. I was 77 and he was 78. He was shadowmelded near a mob I was waiting for to spawn, and he ganked as soon as I started killing the mob that appeared. I came back, and he ganked me as soon as I ressed. That made me determined to kill him so I waited in the air until his health was down, unmounted and slowfalled torwards him, casting arcane barrage and fireblast until I landed. He did that thing where you pull an enemy towards you and started hurting me bad. Luckily, missile barraged procced and I killed him with arcane missiles. However, he turned into a zombie and managed to finish me off.

How the hell are you supposed to compete with that?

keep him out of melee range, and tbh i wouldn't advise jumping a DK attacking a mob as good chance he will have alot of runic power. We only have like 1 range dmg attack that doesnt require runic power, so its best to get us when were low on runic power :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You wait for them to get nerfed :pac:

Got my ass kicked by a DK the other day. I was 77 and he was 78. He was shadowmelded near a mob I was waiting for to spawn, and he ganked as soon as I started killing the mob that appeared. I came back, and he ganked me as soon as I ressed. That made me determined to kill him so I waited in the air until his health was down, unmounted and slowfalled torwards him, casting arcane barrage and fireblast until I landed. He did that thing where you pull an enemy towards you and started hurting me bad. Luckily, missile barraged procced and I killed him with arcane missiles. However, he turned into a zombie and managed to finish me off.

L2Play ...... I have had multiple DK's try gank my mage & they've all died horribly for it ... unholy's & blood ones ...... Arcane & Frost Mages are kryptonite to DK's ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

ven0m wrote: »
    L2Play ...... I have had multiple DK's try gank my mage & they've all died horribly for it ... unholy's & blood ones ...... Arcane & Frost Mages are kryptonite to DK's ......

I heard frost DK's can destory mages but hey it came from the official forums.

Jayde from the beta has a footage of his DK doing well in a bg. I think its people aren't use to countering them so its all new and that scares people into shouting NERF!!

anyway, I'm lv 74 and am starting to hate the ghoul. Unholy is really starting to annoying me. I think its because i did a few instances in a row with it, and each one had a boss who did aoe. Ghoul pretty much got killed in a single aoe. Also its fcuking annoying how slow he gets out of the ground after dismounting.

Only thing keeping me unholy is the faster mount, the good dps (able to kill elites better then other specs imo or i need to l2p those specs) and the how my diseases improve caster dps for my mage friends.

Frost and blood are very tempting to change to especially at lv80. With frost i can give a mini WF bonus to the raid (my tank would like that) and blood i can improved strenght and do a raid wide rune tap heal.

• Advertisement

I heard frost DK's can destory mages but hey it came from the official forums.

Jayde from the beta has a footage of his DK doing well in a bg. I think its people aren't use to countering them so its all new and that scares people into shouting NERF!!

anyway, I'm lv 74 and am starting to hate the ghoul. Unholy is really starting to annoying me. I think its because i did a few instances in a row with it, and each one had a boss who did aoe. Ghoul pretty much got killed in a single aoe. Also its fcuking annoying how slow he gets out of the ground after dismounting.

Only thing keeping me unholy is the faster mount, the good dps (able to kill elites better then other specs imo or i need to l2p those specs) and the how my diseases improve caster dps for my mage friends.

Frost and blood are very tempting to change to especially at lv80. With frost i can give a mini WF bonus to the raid (my tank would like that) and blood i can improved strenght and do a raid wide rune tap heal.

Not seen any frost ones or had no frost ones come at me - only unholy or blood ....... might ask one of my guild to respec his to frost & let me try kick his ass in gurbashi ..... :D

However, I do think alot of the DK's running around are from people who've never played a Paladin-style class, which is what I am finding the DK closer to from my own experience, or people who've never PVP-ed with a melee style character. Time will tell, but I know if I see a DK slightly above or around my level on my realm, it's easy pickings .... hehehehehehe

Not having much trouble with DK's with my hunter, they are pretty easy to CC. Havign lots of trouble on them with my warrior, and my lock just destroys them within seconds.

First thing ANY mage should do when they see a DK is get that counterspell on, & if you've enhanced counter spell, you're laughing.

if you've an undead mage, ur laughing too - WoTF is very very useful, as is invisbility, frost nova, slow & polymorph (with a presence of mind).

DK's you CC the heck out of as you hammer them down. Keep throwig in CC's, blinks, & counterspells & manage your rotations right & NEVER let panic get to you, & they are easy to pwn. Only thing I find I can't seem to do much of is get a spellsteal in, like I do on Paladins - but they are still my damned kryptonite - Rogues are no longer an issue for me.

I've few problems disposing of a DK in 4-6 casts as an arcane mage. It's rather funny watching a DK get hammered without as much as being able to do a grab on you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

have only died once by ganking while leveling. i have been jumped loads of times but only once was my ass handed to me, by a mage.

in fairness i was like 3/4 health and he jumped me from a distance while i was turning in quests in borean tundra at that ledge.

he was wearin welfare epics and was 71. i was 69. before i could say wtf i was at half health, death grabbed him to me but it was too late.

although he could have been a good paler, when i was in nagrand at 67 i got jumped by a 71 mage while i was fighting an elite solo and i managed to kill the mage. even better, i corpses camped the nab and at one point chased him for ages while he kept bubbling till i finally caught him and finished him off. was good fun. haha

will be interesting to play at 80 in bgs.

oh im unholy and lovin it. yeh the ghoul dies a lot but sure when your killing humanoids its happy days.

master of ghouls is good, where you get to control him like a hunters pet.

im finding unholy great for tanking too.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    have only died once by ganking while leveling. i have been jumped loads of times but only once was my ass handed to me, by a mage.

in fairness i was like 3/4 health and he jumped me from a distance while i was turning in quests in borean tundra at that ledge.

he was wearin welfare epics and was 71. i was 69. before i could say wtf i was at half health, death grabbed him to me but it was too late.

although he could have been a good paler, when i was in nagrand at 67 i got jumped by a 71 mage while i was fighting an elite solo and i managed to kill the mage. even better, i corpses camped the nab and at one point chased him for ages while he kept bubbling till i finally caught him and finished him off. was good fun. haha

will be interesting to play at 80 in bgs.

oh im unholy and lovin it. yeh the ghoul dies a lot but sure when your killing humanoids its happy days.

master of ghouls is good, where you get to control him like a hunters pet.

you lot are just another yellow HK piece of text on my screen :D:D:D:D:D

If he was a good player, you wouldn't even so much as had a sniff of a grab ;););)

Arcane mages in T5/T6 gear with all enchants & epic gems ...... no chance :D

copeyhagen wrote: »

Shame Dk's just can not hold aggro :(

Manties wrote: »
    Shame Dk's just can not hold aggro :(

I was running through Nexus with a DK tank (blood spec), no shield - against single targets even with me going super loopy mental on DPS, I could't generate anywhere near enough threat to pull aggro away from the DK-Tank.

Against single targets, DK tanks seem very VERY effective, just don't rely on one to tank multiple MOB's ..... they seem very very poor at managing aggro in this form of tanking.

And I am loving the grab pulls ..... they are something super special ... all of a sudden the MOB is yanked in front of the DK-tank, leaving nice amounts of time to CC any straggler MOB's, or polymorph/trap them ...... very VERY useful. I'd nearly say 5man raids should now be a Maintank, a DK off-tank/melee DPS, a DPS caster, a ranged DPS (READ: hunter) & a healer ...... I've tried this combo already, & it is really REALLY useful, even going back into 5man TBC heroics ....... the difference it makes is amazing. It does help if your 'main tank' is bad ass though LOL :D

I guess im just nuking too hard as im constantly pulling aggro, never had this problem in tbc really.

Manties im guessing you were in a group with a nab DK and based your opinion on his tanking.

I have tanked 2 instances and not one person could go over my threat, on single targets or multiple mobs. And o roll with people geard from BT/SWP ;)

Death and decay = crazy agro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

hehe nix is right, all the instances i done i never lost aggro from any mobs or bosses, im serious.

pull group of mobs with a death grab or death coil (if available), soon as all mobs are in range, drop death & decay, sit back and watch every mob keep aggro on you till said mobs are dead. doesn't take long!!

dk tanks are the business, dunno if i will ever bother going back to my warrior.

Advertisement