Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exam tips ACCA P3

• 17-11-2008 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭

Has anybody got any tips for the P3 paper? It's so waffely and vague I just don't know where to start!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kannon

Swimlanes, PESTEL is due a question too. Can't remember whats on the techincal articles but check them out, usually a good indicator but not definite so don't blame me :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭scoot on

Climber wrote: »
    Has anybody got any tips for the P3 paper? It's so waffely and vague I just don't know where to start!

I'm doing it too and feel exactly the same. Hate it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

hey,
    found these on another website:

Tips for ACCA Paper P3 December 2008 exam

Part A - 50 mark case study

Position analysis (5 forces, PESTEL, generic strategies etc).
    Foreign expansion/globalisation/convergence.

Part B – 2 from 3 25 mark questions

--Business process change and quality – DMAIC, CMMI. Value chain. (See September article in Student Accountant). Commoditisation of business processes and outsourcing.

--Quality of software (V model). Relationship marketing. E-business evolution.

--Corporate structure – divisionalisation, matrix, decentralisation.

does the first question sound very general to ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Kannon wrote: »
    usually a good indicator but not definite so don't blame me :).

I think the examiner may have changed, but under the old paper you could guarantee whatever came up in the articles wouldn't come up in the exam. Whereas most other examiners put out relevant articles.

Advertisement