Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citymart

Options
  • 17-11-2008 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

What's the story with Citymart shopping centre? Is it still going ahead? Has An Bord Pleanála decided the case yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

dont look like it's going to happen anytime soon,
    http://www.citymart.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

No, I can't see it happening for quite a while. With the downturn in the economy, it looks like retail's going to be hit. All you have to do is walk through the centre of town and see the empty units there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭itsonlyme

Bring it on!! Kilkenny needs that site developed. Tesco and M&S will be a most welcome addition to Kilkenny and the retail market locally. I would be more worried for the site at the "lighthouse stores". There is supposed to be a londis shop going in there and an off licence. It will be very hard to see how they will make money in the current climate. The poor craters. Yeah Right!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

itsonlyme wrote: »
    Bring it on!! Kilkenny needs that site developed. Tesco and M&S will be a most welcome addition to Kilkenny and the retail market locally. I would be more worried for the site at the "lighthouse stores". There is supposed to be a londis shop going in there and an off licence. It will be very hard to see how they will make money in the current climate. The poor craters. Yeah Right!!.

Bring it on. I live that side of town and there is feck all in the line of good shops on the line of eurospar or londis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

i give it two years before it will be a regular car-boot sale on sundays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭just-wonderin

i think 2 car boot sale's every weekend is all we can handle :eek: i would like to see the sports complex they were going to build out the carlow road built there. ice rinks indoor pitch's ect ect 1 shopping centre is enough for kilkenny, and if the ever get the go ahead to extend mc donagh junction like they wanted it would be better, have everything under one roof....

Advertisement