Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone 3g bill pay with prepay sim

• 17-11-2008 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭

A friend of mine is selling his Bill pay iphone to me.....

My question will my girlfriends 02 prepay sim work with it?

I'm thinking of giving it to her for an xmas present, will it work or can i get it unlocked? It's a new replacement iphone he got back last week...need to be setup with itunes again....is there anyway of testing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭smackyB

Stevo105 wrote: »
    A friend of mine is selling his Bill pay iphone to me.....

My question will my girlfriends 02 prepay sim work with it?

I'm thinking of giving it to her for an xmas present, will it work or can i get it unlocked? It's a new replacement iphone he got back last week...need to be setup with itunes again....is there anyway of testing

If the iPhone was bought on 02 over here, then yeah it should work no problem. Testing-wise, just throw any 02 prepay sim in there and if it works, then you're away.. Otherwise, You can get them unlocked through turbosims.

Stephen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

thank you for your reply...

In your opinion is it safe to keep the firmware up to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭smackyB

Yes, perfectly safe

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Stevo105 wrote: »
    thank you for your reply...

In your opinion is it safe to keep the firmware up to date?
    Yes providing you dont want to Jailbreak or unlock it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Is 3g internet still really expensive with O2 prepay? Or have they revised prices?

I have a 3G iPhone and I tend to avoid internet on it because when I first tried that, over summer, it was super expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

womoma wrote: »
    Is 3g internet still really expensive with O2 prepay? Or have they revised prices?

I have a 3G iPhone and I tend to avoid internet on it because when I first tried that, over summer, it was super expensive.

They now do 99c a day, since a fortnight or so

Thanks for that. Very interesting.

I'm quite stupid so these things have to be spelled out for me.

The site says:
    * Internet on your mobile (Data) you pay for what you use (at 1c per KB) up to a maximum of 99c. Any additional usage is free up to a maximum of 50MB per day. After that it's 0.5c per kb

I take it that means, I am not charged for data unless I use the 3G internet, and if I do, I have up to 50mb free, for 24 hours.

Is that a fair assumption?

Thanks again.

Thanks for that. Very interesting.

I'm quite stupid so these things have to be spelled out for me.

The site says:

I take it that means, I am not charged for data unless I use the 3G internet, and if I do, I have up to 50mb free, for 24 hours.

Is that a fair assumption?

Thanks again.

I think you have 50mb for 99c irrespective of what level of data access you use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Not quite. In a given day, if you use data (any data; 3G or 2/2.5G/EDGE/GPRS) in a day, you will be charge from 1c to 99c for your first 99KB of data transferred. From 100KB to 50MB (same day) will not incur any charge, so it's "free" after you've paid the 99c for the day, and if you use more than 50MB, you'll be charged accordingly.

So it's not "free" per se.

I'm an idiot. I get it now. Pretty slick. Thanks.

• Advertisement

I'm an idiot. I get it now. Pretty slick. Thanks.

Stop putting yourself down! :-) If these fockers would just sell us something for a fair price without any codology, it would be a lot simpler for all concerned.

Am in Dublin since last night. Bought new SpeakEasy SIM. Popped in iPhone. Surfed, streamed, emailed, facearsed, Skyped, Gtalked and so on. 99c deducted automatically. No other costs until today when further 99c was deducted. Stopped my 1GB add-on on main contract SIM immediately. Pointless.

I watched a couple of youtubes last night and got through the 50mb pretty quickly, but for more "general" surfing, its pretty good.

Shame theres no warning when you go past 50mb!

Advertisement