Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my new puppy

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BillyGoatGruff

Beautiful dog. You should post it in the "post your pet pic" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

i'll be posting her there aswell ha ha she is so cute i thought she deserved her on thread lol :D(totally in luv wit her)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

I can't view the pic for some reason but I'm sure she is FAB. I really hate to be the rain on anyone's parade though but at 7 weeks she is too young to be away from her Mum :(

Best of luck with your new addition :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

n576189588_914350_8475.jpg

tiny tiny dog :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

don't put her into that stupid fluffy thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Agree with Peasant...shes very cute..but please no clothes on dogs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Jesus give her a break. I don't think she was looking for an opinion on doggie fashion.

Lovely puppy.

Edit: Yeah, 7 weeks is a bit young for a puppy to go to a new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=40315&l=4aaf5&id=576189588

i hope this link above works, this is my new little baby bessie she is a yorkie and is 7 weeks old. i love her to bits she is sooooo cute and such good fun, i've being dying to post some pics of her to show her off he he:D:D:D
    awwwwwwwwwwww.....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

peasant wrote: »
    don't put her into that stupid fluffy thing

I'm uploading a clip to youtube with my two on the beach today, just wait until you see Ruby's pink hoodie!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭~Thalia~

Mairt wrote: »
    I'm uploading a clip to youtube with my two on the beach today, just wait until you see Ruby's pink hoodie!.

I have to confess even though I wouldn't be an advocate of clothes for dogs I saw a black tee shirt with SECURITY written in big whote letters on the back of it and I SOOOO wanted it for my GSD cos she is the nosiest little fecker that ever walked but I was overruled. ***cough*** I also wanted to dress her as a bee for Halloween, again I was overruled! :D :eek:

• Advertisement

After 1min 40secs they run off into the distance and there's not much to see after that.

I'll edit it later.

002.JPGI have being advised by many people including a vet that 7 weeks is ok as it is just before their fear period of 8/12 weeks and they settle in and except things easier. as i am sure u can see from my pics she is doing that just fine with that. The jumper is for when she is allowed to go out for her walks as yorkies have such fine coats and we have such bad weather i wat her to be warm and toasty:)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭ecaf

Lovely pup! My mum has a miniature yorkie, he was just so cute at this stage. Pity they don't stay black and tan (I think!)
    He wears a coat during the winter months too, he would just sit there shivering otherwise.
    I really wouldn't have dogs in clothes otherwise - I think it's a bit ridiculous (Sorry Mairt - but why is your dog ? pitbull wearing a coat???)

I have no issues with a (rain) coat for dogs that need one ...but that pink yoke is just a "stupid fluffy thing", sorry.

If that gets wet and mucky the poor dog won't be able to move with the weight of it.

It'll be into the handbag next ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

After 1min 40secs they run off into the distance and there's not much to see after that.

I'll edit it later.

Thats mental the way the pink yoke dont reck your dogs head.

mollydolly, your dog is fecking deadly little thing. where's the rest of it.

It really annoys me on boards why everyone always have something negative to say. I dont really care if u dont like clothes on dogs i do and she is my dog also with her thin coat i feel it is a must. I put the pictures up to show everyone how cute she is not too hear what everyone else thinks about dog clothing.:mad:

i only mentioned it cos i thought a dog not been used to it might find it a bit annoying was all. Obviously not

It really annoys me on boards why everyone always have something negative to say. I dont really care if u dont like clothes on dogs i do and she is my dog also with her thin coat i feel it is a must. I put the pictures up to show everyone how cute she is not too hear what everyone else thinks about dog clothing.:mad:

Don't mind him, your dog is lovely.

As regards coats, I put one on my puppy because in the present cold, damp snap she shakes like a leaf without it.

seanybiker that rant wasnt directed at u it was at previous posters. btw the jumper in the pic is too big for her its for when she is bigger and can go for walks and no it doesnt annoy her in fact she quite likes it she cuddles up in it and she looks oh so cute:p thanks 4 comment on facebook 2:D

So, basically you're trying to tell me that you are entitled to your opinion and that I should keep mine to myself, right?

Notice a slight contradiction in the concept there? :D

Anyhow ..dogs aren't mannequins. Buy her a decent coat if you think she needs one but get her out of that silly fluffy thing ...that's demeaning to the dog.

Oh and yes, she IS cute ..just not in that thing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

Don't mind him, your dog is lovely.

As regards coats, I put one on my puppy because in the present cold, damp snap she shakes like a leaf without it.

But what happens when she gets it wet? It will make her even colder then.

seanybiker that rant wasnt directed at u it was at previous posters. btw the jumper in the pic is too big for her its for when she is bigger and can go for walks and no it doesnt annoy her in fact she quite likes it she cuddles up in it and she looks oh so cute:p thanks 4 comment on facebook 2:D
    Ah i thought it was for other person but since i mentioned it also i thought i would just ask. I wanna get a cool hoodie for my little princess. No worries bout facebook.must post pic of my ruby. She a miniature king charles. :)

Anyhow ..dogs aren't mannequins. Buy her a decent coat if you think she needs one but get her out of that silly fluffy thing ...that's demeaning to the dog.

Oh come on, thats a little silly.

We all decorate our things to suit our tastes. For me, I've a few heavy, weather proof coats for my older lad. But for my puppy my young daughter likes to put silly girl pink hoodies etc on her. She has a girlie collar and lead for when my daughter takes her for a walk, I don't see how thats demeaning the puppy - it demeans me more when I've to bring her out in her pink 'Princess' hoodie :o

But what happens when she gets it wet? It will make her even colder then.

Its not rocket science, I'm sure you can work out the solution to that one without my help.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Ah i thought it was for other person but since i mentioned it also i thought i would just ask. I wanna get a cool hoodie for my little princess. No worries bout facebook.must post pic of my ruby. She a miniature king charles. :)

ah how cute i wud luv to c a pic of her. and ebay is ur best bet for clothes for dogs far cheaper and good choice, dont forget 2 post a pic

So, basically you're trying to tell me that you are entitled to your opinion and that I should keep mine to myself, right?

Notice a slight contradiction in the concept there? :D

Oh and yes, she IS cute ..just not in that thing

the difference is i didnt come on looking for opinion i just wanted to show off my little bundle of joy and people like u always take the good out of things:(

ah how cute i wud luv to c a pic of her. and ebay is ur best bet for clothes for dogs far cheaper and good choice, dont forget 2 post a pic
    ill post pic when on computer. She rules. Doesnt do much for biker image though ha ha

Oh come on, thats a little silly.

We all decorate our things to suit our tastes. For me, I've a few heavy, weather proof coats for my older lad. But for my puppy my young daughter likes to put silly girl pink hoodies etc on her. She has a girlie collar and lead for when my daughter takes her for a walk, I don't see how thats demeaning the puppy - it demeans me more when I've to bring her out in her pink 'Princess' hoodie :o

see there:
    We all decorate our things to suit our tastes.

"our things" ...that's where it gets demeaning.

Dogs aren't "things". You can decorate your car, your house, your clothes, whatever ...but please do not "decorate" your dog.

It's one step down the slippery slope of not taking a dog seriously as a fellow being.

Once again ...if the dog needs a coat (and some do) get it a coat, but leave the poor thing with some dignity.

Also, as an animal lover, think about the signals you are sending out to rest of the (mostly ignorant) public. How can they take you seriously in your criticism about the mistreatment of animals if you treat your own as a "thing"?

At first glance dressing up your dog looks like harmless fun, but IMO it isn't ...it's lack of respect.

seanybiker wrote: »
    ill post pic when on computer. She rules. Doesnt do much for biker image though ha ha

ha ha u could always get her a matching helmet dont let peasant see it though!!!:D

• Advertisement

P, when a dog can make its own choice and I ignore it I'll agree with you.

But while I'm the one making the choices (or in the pink hoodies case, my daughter) I don't really care if people think the dog is my 'thing' or not.

And honestly, I don't see how choosing a pink fluffy coat or pink studded collars can demean a dog.

Now the day I see a Rottie stumbling down the street in stillettoes I'll agree with you :P

Advertisement