Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my new puppy

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ha ha u could always get her a matching helmet dont let peasant see it though!!!:D

Would you believe you can actually get helmets for dogs. There is a girl who rides her motorbike all around the country and has a pisspot helmet for her dog and a pair of goggles to keep the wind outta his eyes. Leather jacket and all this sh|t cool.

Just onto my better half and she made me admit that the dog is living with her and I dont pay maintainance so Im not allowed post pics of her without admitting to that lol.

anyways here's me little princess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Cute dogs.

Now this isn't meant as an attack on anyone, so don't take it as one!

Miniature breeds freak me out. The mini yorkie belonging to the original poster is terribly cute, but I would just spend my entire life worrying about a dog like that.

My neighbour here has a chihuahua-pomeranian cross. She's a gorgeous little dog, with a beautiful temperament, which is lucky because she's a child-magnet. She probably weighs about two kilos if even. If we go to the local market, my neighbour has to pick the dog up when we see children, because they come running in hoardes going "AWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!" I'm surprised the dog doesn't have a heart attack and die at the sight of this huge stampede coming for her!

OP, how do you make sure you're not going to accidentally step on her?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Mairt wrote: »
    P, when a dog can make its own choice and I ignore it I'll agree with you.

Well (once again in my opinion) that is the very same argument that people make to justify mistreatment of animals.

Now, before anybody gets me wrong: dressing your dog up in silly clothes is by no means animal cruelty, but the motivation is the same in both cases: lack of respect for the animal.

Call me pernickety/OTT ...but when it comes to things like that I just can't see the funny/harmless side.

Cute dogs.

Miniature breeds freak me out. The mini yorkie belonging to the original poster is terribly cute, but I would just spend my entire life worrying about a dog like that.

My neighbour here has a chihuahua-pomeranian cross. She's a gorgeous little dog, with a beautiful temperament, which is lucky because she's a child-magnet. She probably weighs about two kilos if even. If we go to the local market, my neighbour has to pick the dog up when we see children, because they come running in hoardes going "AWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!" I'm surprised the dog doesn't have a heart attack and die at the sight of this huge stampede coming for her!

I know what ya mean. My misses cant bring ruby anywhere without people wanting to pick her up and rub her. Ruby wont have a heart attack though cos she loves the attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

peasant wrote: »
    Now, before anybody gets me wrong: dressing your dog up in silly clothes is by no means animal cruelty, but the motivation is the same in both cases: lack of respect for the animal.

Cop yourself on.

And thats my last word on this one.

• Advertisement

Cop yourself on.

And thats my last word on this one.

well ...here's my final "word":
    http://www.thepet-boutique.com/images/DogClothes/SmallDog/CherriesHarnessDogDress_small1.jpg
    http://www.snootypaws.com.au/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/ballerina-princess-dog-cost.jpg
    http://curiousanimals.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/doggy-clothes1.jpg
    http://www.myfauxpaws.com/apparel/bridal/tuxedos/franklinlg.jpg
    http://www.thepet-boutique.com/images/DogClothes/Christmas/santapawsdogcoat.jpg

Would you say the poor dogs in those pics were threated with respect?

No?

Then were do you draw the line?

I for one draw it right at the beginning.

And that's my last word on the issue before I spoil the thread completely

Sorry peasant but I must admit to having a little giggle at the yoda dog.
    Funny he is, happy he isnt, hmm dog hasnt the force young one.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

Cute dogs :)

Congrats on your new addition OP. May you have many happy years together!!

Seany love the B&T CKCS. Of all the colours, the B&T would be the one for me :D

Mairt, love the video. So good to see them off ;)
    Love the pink - sure how could anyone be scared :D

Minesajackdaniels, you're right. Its a worry with a small delicate dog - but its also a worry that kids aren't being taught how to greet dogs properly either.

As for the arguement about dogs and clothing - some dogs need them, some dogs don't. Some dogs don't like it, some do because of the extra fussing.

Once its not cruel to the dog and sending them to corners in fear and depression/causing behavioural problems, I don't see the harm in it. I've a jacket for my toy - because he needs one, not because we like dressing him up or he thinks its fun to get extra fussing.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

Cute dogs.

hi she not a mini shes just a pup so hopefully she will get a good bit bigger and easier 2 c like u said u could easliy walk on her but we have just got use to walking looking down ha ha :D( ow pain in the neck )

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

seanybiker wrote: »
    Would you believe you can actually get helmets for dogs. There is a girl who rides her motorbike all around the country and has a pisspot helmet for her dog and a pair of goggles to keep the wind outta his eyes. Leather jacket and all this sh|t cool.

Just onto my better half and she made me admit that the dog is living with her and I dont pay maintainance so Im not allowed post pics of her without admitting to that lol.

anyways here's me little princess.

oh see is sooooooo cute i think yhe biker clothes wud defo suit her lol:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

My God Peasant, can you ever contribute to a topic without causing it to decend into argumentative crap.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, but there is a time and a place, and this wasn't the place for a debate on dog clothes. Maybe try and use some common sense in future so as not to ruin any more topics.

If you see a person walking down the street with a dog with a fluffy coat on do you run over to the person and start forcing your opinions down the persons throat? No, thought not. So why do it here? Maybe because you have the anonymity of a message board to hide behind while you launch your jibes.
    If the OP had asked for opinions on dog fashion, or had invited debated on such you would well be in your rights to speak up about your concerns, but she didn't so don't think the "I am entitled to my opinion" argument holds any water in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

After 1min 40secs they run off into the distance and there's not much to see after that.

I'll edit it later.

I love your dogs...i think my two met your two on Portmarnock beach a while back...my g/f had them on the beach, i hope they were well behaved when they said hello :)

Noopti wrote: »
    My God Peasant, blah dee blah ...

May I remind you of the old boards rule: "Attack the post and not the poster" ?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Attack the post? So does that make the poster exempt from any foul play?

Edit: Oh, and you misquoted me there....

Edit 2: Further, did you not attack the OP for putting her dog in those clothes?

Discostuy wrote: »
    I love your dogs...i think my two met your two on Portmarnock beach a while back...my g/f had them on the beach, i hope they were well behaved when they said hello :)

Ah, 'tis a pity I don't remember everyone who I meet and get chatting to on the beach.

Usually I enjoy Portmarnock, and yesterday was one of the best. 3pm and the beach was completely empty.

Beth, yes its great when I can let them do what dogs love to do best - run free. I post on a British Staffie site and the guys there can't believe the Irish attitude to Staffordfords.

I rarely get a negative response on Portmarnock, most regular's there would know me & my dogs to see. But I do get the odd nutcase with a bee in her bonnet (its always a middle aged ol' hag, usually with a westie with an attitude :P ).

Whats annoying now is that in a few minutes I'll take the guys back out & if the beach is busy they'll be kept on their leads, and cry to get off so they can run free like yesterday - can you imagine that feeling!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Awh Ruby's getting big! she's lovely and it's great to see them getting on so well :)
    Hope you took off her soggy zippy afterwards! lol

Yeah my two (akitas) are always dying to get off the lead. Being pups (just gone 1) the minute the get off the lead they run around like loons play fighting with each other just having fun. But i think this freaks people out.

They calm down after 2-3 minutes though, and then just want to say hello to all the other dogs on the beach.
    I would generally only let them off when the place is near empty, as its to awkward if to many people are around. Some people think the beach is just theirs and no other animal or person should dare look at them :rolleyes: .

Some people think the beach is just theirs and no other animal or person should dare look at them :rolleyes: .

I think we've all come across that type, I usually ignore them or if I'm in the proper form I'll politely tell 'em to go forth and multiply :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

They calm down after 2-3 minutes though, and then just want to say hello to all the other dogs on the beach.

Unfortunately, this causes big problems. Your dog is probably friendly and just wants a sniff, but for other dogs who are kept on the lead, this can cause problems as it makes them feel threatened and vulnerable (since they can't defend themselves properly)

I have a big problem with dogs (friendly or not) approaching my two (on their leads) uninvited.

Edit: Let yours off the lead all you want, but only if you can control them properly.

Glowing wrote: »
    I have a big problem with dogs (friendly or not) approaching my two (on their leads) uninvited.

Is my invite in the post, or should I register for an online account?. :p

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, this causes big problems. Your dog is probably friendly and just wants a sniff, but for other dogs who are kept on the lead, this can cause problems as it makes them feel threatened and vulnerable (since they can't defend themselves properly)

Edit: Let yours off the lead all you want, but only if you can control them properly.

I wont argue. I do keep them under control, and if they do start acting up they are quickly put back on their leads. There is nothing worse than a wandering dog following you for ages distracting your own dog. But some people over react far to much, thats what i find annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Hmm I stopped sending invites when i realised the dogs couldn't read .... ;)

Hmm I stopped sending invites when i realised the dogs couldn't read .... ;)

And I'm dyslexic, so we're not invited :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Lilly/DNB

After 1min 40secs they run off into the distance and there's not much to see after that.

I'll edit it later.
    what beautiful dogs you got what beach was that lol

Lilly/DNB wrote: »
    what beautiful dogs you got what beach was that lol

Thanks, Lilly.

It was great chatting to you the other day, thats some dog you have there - it takes some strenght to pull all 19st of me down the road!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Lilly/DNB

Thanks, Lilly.

It was great chatting to you the other day, thats some dog you have there - it takes some strenght to pull all 19st of me down the road!.
    yeah fair play i didn't know who the hell you where when you stopped me :eek:
    lol yes he's very strong but a big baby, i was looking at the videos of your dogs wow they are beauts id love to meet them some time and tell Sinead the hoodie looks the biz im going out to get some for mine lol

Lilly/DNB wrote: »
    yeah fair play i didn't know who the hell you where when you stopped me :eek:

Yea, I prowl the streets looking for attractive females walking pitbulls!. :P

You looked surprised when I pulled over alright!. But I loved your dog ;)

Advertisement